We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join Arm and work within a high-impact team of engineers, delivering software implementations of our world-leading image processing algorithms and hardware designs.
Software Engineering at Arm
The software engineering teams at Arm play a meaningful role in the entire lifecycle of Arm's products. They enable early architectural exploration in collaboration with our Architect teams, they provide crucial deliveries that support the development of our hardware products and they build tools, drivers and services, that enable our customers to create technology that empowers the world.
Software at Arm today is developed using modern, industry-standard tools and techniques. We value the art of great code-reviews (and reviewers), get excited by testing early and frequently with the use of automated continuous integration tools and take joy when our teams pull together and achieve success through delivering in sprints.
Great software engineers have a rewarding and dynamic future at Arm, you will be joining a growing community of engineers who you can learn new skills from, who are also keen to incorporate your experience and ideas to help shape the future of how we develop software.
About the Display Team
Arm’s Display team provides image processing technology that you will almost certainly be using today, such as our Mali Display Processors, capable of driving high-end displays up to 4K in resolution. The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our IP in the form of hardware and software designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of development in the field of imaging.
From this role, you can expect the following:
- You will become a senior member of our modelling team, a growing and diverse team, giving you the ability to develop and make a meaningful contribution
- Your responsibilities will include working with our architects and algorithm engineers to deliver C++ software implementations of our innovative technology
- Your deliveries will be immediately valuable, enabling architecture exploration, algorithm tuning and refinement, helping us define the future generations of our products.
- You will have exposure to, and the chance to become an authority in, new technologies such as augmented reality, virtual reality and high dynamic range image processing.
- Your work will take place alongside your peers, learning and growing together in the fields of image processing, modelling and modern software development.
- Your work will also include the opportunity to bring your significant experience in the software field to the team, mentoring and guiding others in the team to improve their skills, bringing fresh ideas as to how the team can develop our processes further.
We need you to have the following skills:
- Excellent software development skills, especially your knowledge and capability with C/C++
- Experience with using modern day software development techniques and workflows such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Good knowledge of full software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation
- A high level of pro-activity, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to take on varied and complex technical challenges.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is essential, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps