We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about the future of graphics technology? Do you have proven experience in the field, and want to help us drive the technology forward?
Arm is looking for an experienced graphics software architect to investigate, define, and champion changes to future Mali GPUs and related IP. You will approach the problem from a software, API, and use-cases perspective and work closely with hardware architects, driver development teams, and product management to identify existing challenges and future opportunities.
You will be joining a small and highly experienced team located across Cambridge (UK), Trondheim (Norway), and San Jose (US). The team is responsible for leading Arm’s Khronos activities, providing guidance to roadmaps for GPUs and other Arm products, setting the technical direction for new use-cases, and performing detailed investigations in these areas.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will investigate and evaluate improvements to the Mali GPU roadmap. This may include proposing architecture changes, doing high-level modelling of such changes, and drafting new API extensions.
- You will evaluate the impact of new graphics API proposals, such as extensions to the Vulkan, OpenGL ES, and OpenCL standards.
- You will provide guidance on GPU hardware and driver roadmaps.
- You will explain our technology and plans to internal and external partners.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Education and Qualifications
- You have a good university degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other disciplines will be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience
- You are self-motivated and ambitious.
- You have hands-on experience using OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and Vulkan.
- You have a deep understanding of GPU architectures.
- You understand the workloads GPUs are likely to see, and thus what characteristics are important, in different scenarios such as gaming, XR, and machine learning.
- You have the ability to work as part of a team and to network across teams.
- You are a good C++ developer and know your tools, such as version control systems.
- You have participated in a standards body.
- You have experience in GPU driver development.
- You have worked with other accelerators such as machine learning processors, DSPs, or video encoders/decoders.
- You have used other APIs that target GPUs, including OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan, DirectX, and Metal.
- You have knowledge of machine learning and the frameworks used to run these workloads on GPUs.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps