We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is seeking highly motivated software engineer to join our Engineering Methodology group and drive solutions to streamline our IP development process. Arm Central Engineering Methodology group develops best-practice methodologies and corresponding automated flows to improve design efficiency and help deliver high-quality IP products. ARM is seeking an individual with a proven track record of solution development to help us to develop these innovative solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
You will join our Engineering Methodology group to focus on designer efficiency. We are a small focused team who develop and improve the tools, and workflows Arm uses to craft CPUs, GPUs and System IP product. If you are successful, you will be constantly challenged to come up with innovative and pragmatic solutions to interesting problems, to be an engineer and an innovator in one of the most innovative companies on the planet. You will help to develop solutions as part of a team and deliver these tools to many teams across Arm. Specifically, you will:
- Develop innovative specific methodology solutions around Machine-Readable Specifications and IP or System flow automation.
- Develop creative, exciting and pragmatic solutions to engaging problems.
- Work with architecture and product teams to define and develop features, flows and infrastructure
- Develop solutions, features and functionality through an Agile development process and iterative release process, to a consistently high-quality level
What skill, experience and qualifications do you need?
In order to be considered for this position, you should have:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 4+ years industry experience in software development or Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- Strong scripting/programming skills (Python, Perl, TCL, C/C++/Java or equivalents)
- A proven track-record in developing innovative scripts, checkers, flows and other automation to simplify and speed-up the end-to-end design process
- Enthusiasm, creativity and outstanding interpersonal skill
- A high level of pro-activity and initiative
What might make you especially suited to the role?
- A good understanding of, or background in, digital electronics
- A good understanding of working with formats such as JSON, XML or YAML
- History working with Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Experience with Git/Gerrit/Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration or DevOps strategies
- Strong Linux skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps