We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a Project Manager looking to make a difference in the emerging space of Internet of Things (IoT)? If so, please read on!
Join Arm to be at the heart of the action, and change the World. We are seeking a self starter to work with our eSIM software teams developing ground-breaking IoT products. You will play a key role in bringing these complex and vital projects to fruition. You and your colleagues will own the projects from conception though to final delivery, ensuring high-quality, on-time and on-spec delivery of the products.
We're looking for a hardworking individual who can flourish with new challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and delivering projects, in close collaboration with the Product Manager and Technical Lead to balance product capabilities, product quality, delivery timescale and budget.
- Working with the Architect and Product Manager to establish a clear & prioritized product roadmap & requirements. Aligning partners and inter-dependencies.
- Building and maintaining a credible top-level project plan to deliver the roadmap, spanning multiple teams & functions. Leading and organizing project execution to fulfill the plan.
- Managing the risks associated with the project development and ensuring all partners are kept informed.
- Working creatively and actively to solve problems, resolve issues and minimise risks. Embracing and improving business assurance processes.
- Defining meaningful metrics to measure delivery progress and engineering efficiency, followed by developing responses to improve performance.
- Monitoring and reporting project progress compared to the plan and delivering the commitments and benefits promised.
- Promoting a healthy engineering culture for developing quality products, enabling innovation and ensuring continuous improvement
You will be a Project Manager or Scrum Master with previous experience of successfully delivering software projects in a fast paced environment, building real products for real customers.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Commercial project management experience
- You are familiar with team agile and scaled agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- You are proficient at building project plans in a timely manner and skilled at identifying, tracking and fulfilling dependencies between engineering teams.
- Effective communication & presentation skills, enable you to liaise with stakeholders, and to quickly establish positive relationships.
- You understand the need to promote effective software development practices to track and ensure product quality and on-time delivery
- You demonstrate strong leadership skills, engaging and motivating engineering teams and you enjoy working in a team, having a committed attitude in driving issues through to conclusion.
- You can demonstrate your ability in running multiple interdependent projects
- You have a deep understanding of, and ability to apply the concepts of risk management
- You are able to comprehend technical concepts enabling you to communicate effectively with highly skilled hardware and software engineering teams
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- You may have a degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Exposure to IoT
- Competent with tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Formal project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- Familiar with project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project
- Comfortable with configuration methods, versioning and documentation tools
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Belfast office is comprised of software developers working in our Systems and Software group developing the provisioning and commissioning capability for our next generation embedded SIM technology. The ARM Belfast office is located in the heart of Belfast city centre a short walk from local shops and restaurants.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Suite 212, Arthur House
41 Arthur Street