We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you an experienced Senior Software Developer or Tech Lead with a strong background in the development of backend RESTful APIs? We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a professional approach to Software Development to lead the delivery of APIs within the Integration team. You would join a growing and high-performing team of like-minded individuals in the Delivery & Engineering group within Enterprise IT.
Our API-led integration approach is part of a strategic vision to make Arm programmable. To enable faster and simpler integration of our systems and data, we are building a portfolio of re-usable microservices on our strategic API platform. The Integration team plays a high-profile and pivotal role, crafting scalable REST and event-based APIs that underpin customer-facing applications and critical business processes. You will play a meaningful role in enabling Arm to put our world-changing technology in the hands of our partners. Arm's solutions are used in a range of customer products from Mobile and Server, through IoT to Automotive industries.
We need an Engineering Lead with microservice & API development experience. You will lead the development, testing, deployment and maintenance of the APIs the team builds as well as manage API developers. You will work with the API Platform Owner and Scrum Master to plan and coordinate development with other IT product teams, ensuring your team's APIs meet the functional and non-functional requirements, conform to our integration architecture, and are documented in the API catalogue. You will also set coding standards for your function beyond the team, working with the Head of Engineering and engineering leadership community to raise the bar across IT. With a passion for continuous improvement, you will drive the team to raise quality, learn new technologies, optimise ways of working and create better, more usable and more resilient applications.
Our API management platform is Mulesoft Anypoint, and much integration work is developed in Mule. Integration sits at the intersection of many of our platforms, and you will therefore play an integral role in delivering end-to-end solutions at enterprise scale. According to the use-case, you will incorporate a wide variety of technologies (e.g. message queues, document databases, PaaS APIs on other platforms) and securely expose them through APIs via Mulesoft Anypoint. We automate as much of the development, testing and deployment processes as possible using tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, SonarQube, Blazemeter, Cucumber as well as custom code. Your insight will be invaluable in spotting opportunities to further enhance these to improve pace, agility and testability.
Your exceptional partner management experience, interpersonal skills and ability to co-ordinate development of complex distributed applications will make your application stand out with this role.
Experience / skills
If you have most of these, we would love to hear from you:
- Experience managing and coaching a software development team
- Experience delivering solutions in an agile way
- Knowledge of API/integration principles and patterns
- Experience implementing integration solutions using APIs and web services technologies, preferably including REST
- Understanding of factors contributing to code quality: unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, performance benchmarking
- Understanding of DevOps / CI / CD
- Knowledge of Behaviour Driven or Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of secure development lifecycles and common web security mechanisms
- Experience developing in Mule is useful
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps