We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a dedicated, detail-orientated information developer/technical author who wants to work on the ground-breaking digital technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company? Does technology excite you, and can you apply your technical knowledge to writing state of the art content as part of our content development team?
If yes, let’s discuss you joining our diverse Technical Communications team.
We are part of the Arm Partner Enablement Group, and are responsible for documenting the wide portfolio of Arm processors. This encompasses a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing cores.
- Your top priority in this role is to collaborate with domain experts on crafting structured technical content. You improve the comprehension and consistency of the documentation, and eliminate ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Working with our engineers to understand our new products, and your contributions ensure that the content is easy to understand by the end users.
- Contributing to content development activities for one or more products.
- You keep the documentation in sync with corporate writing standards and guidelines, and contribute to initiatives that aim to improve quality standards.
The skill we most value is your ability to learn and grow within the job and your commitment to use this knowledge to help your colleagues. Your success in this position is almost guaranteed if you possess the following skills and qualifications:
- You are interested in building a career in technical writing, fascinated by creating content, and dedicated to a detail-orientated approach.
- Building on your working knowledge of electronics; it is an advantage if your are familiar enough with computer architecture, microprocessors, or a related technical field you are in a position to strengthen the team.
- You have a degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant technical field.
- Your social skills make you a great teammate, and you enjoy communicating, collaborating, and interacting with engineers and other information developers.
- Familiar with collaborative tools and systems used to produce documentation such as technical writing tools, DITA, content management systems, version control systems, documentation review tools, and vector graphics.
- Knowledge of or worked with HTML, XML, or XSLT. Familiar to Perl, Python, or a similar scripting language.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions. Our core beliefs define how we work together to defy the ordinary and shape the extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Be prepared to make the best of it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be open and not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps