We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a hardworking software engineer who wants to influence the future of the Arm architecture.
You are developing and will prototype software that enables the new state of the art features in Arm architectures. This work will play a key role in validating improvements to the hardware architecture, and in understanding their impact on the software stacks that run on Arm systems. As such your work will influence products both within our own organisation and inside major companies across our ecosystem.
Systems targeted by this work may range from mobile to servers. In this role you are required to collaborate with other teams within Arm, and with external customers.
As Arm’s largest engineering centre, the Cambridge site is fortunate enough to be involved in development across all areas of Arm’s ever-growing product portfolio. As a Cambridge-based Arm employee, you will be surrounded by world-leading experts and you have the opportunity to work with some of the very best engineers in the industry. If the challenge of working on our ground breaking technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the Architecture and Technology Group that define the future system architectures for Arm systems, you will:
- Prototype software for next generations of Arm architecture. You are working closely with other members of the team to build and analyse full-system prototypes.
- Work with teams both across Arm, as withing the Arm ecosystem, to develop and assess the viability of prototyped systems.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good university degree - ideally in computer science, although other disciplines will be considered if the applicant has meaningful experience.
You will have knowledge and hands-on experience in several of these areas:
- Strong programming experience in C or C++
- Embedded or low-level software development
- Operating systems and kernel and device driver programming
- Fundamentals of computer architecture
You possess the following characteristics:
- Active and self-motivated worker, able to evaluate, plan and track work tasks. You like to deliver on new challenges which requires a flexible attitude and approach
- A real passion for computer architecture, and an interest in system hardware and operating systems
- Thorough and practical attitude to problem-solving combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Development of techniques and tools to analyse how the OS and applications utilize the underlying hardware
- You have worked with Arm architecture, either our hardware or software designs.
- Assembler programming is an area where you have knowledge of.
- Knowledge of virtualisation and associated technologies
- Low-level platform security, secure boot and cryptographic processes
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps