We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Make a difference at Arm. We license Arm’s technology to our partners across the globe. It is essential that in doing so we continuously monitor and implement compliance measures necessary to satisfy applicable governmental regulations. Our world-class legal department employs a passion for progress and innovation to meet the most challenging compliance requirements. We need your talent, creative energy and experience. Come join our team!
Arm is currently seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual to join its Compliance Legal Team in San Jose, California as a Corporate Counsel, Government Compliance. The Office of Ethics and Compliance is responsible for all legal enablement of the ethics and compliance, data privacy and public sector compliance program across the company. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this position is a tremendous opportunity for an attorney with 4+ years’ experience in government contracts compliance, specializing in technology licensing and services to federal, state and local governments.
The successful candidate must be able to exercise independent judgment and employ strong skills in the following areas:
What will I be accouintable for:
- Represent Arm in U.S. federal, state and local licensing and services activities
- Participate actively in reviewing, negotiating and drafting technology licenses and services agreements, including licensing to the public sector via direct government contracts and governmental subcontractor contracts
- Act in both an advisory and a “hands-on” position requiring day-to-day interaction with other members of the Arm legal team, sales team and licensing team as well as federal, state and local contracting officers and government attorneys
- Act as a resource to business units and other legal team members seeking guidance on structuring complex transactions
- Review and advise the public sector business operations and bid proposal / capture teams in responding to requests for proposals, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, licensing and service agreements and related documents, including required government certifications of various types and applicable Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) and programs
- Interface with the corporate operations, finance and other supporting cross functional organizations to answer questions and resolve issues related to public sector legal issues in support of transactional business
- Periodically train public sector business, sales, and services organizations and other interested staff in public sector new developments and related issues
- Periodically engage with federal, state and local contracting officers and government attorneys to resolve challenging public sector legal issues in support of the public sector contracts team
- Train the enterprise and public sector business management, business operations, sales and cross functional supporting groups regarding federal and state contracting compliance requirements in support of sales and contracting activities.
- Provide oversight and guidance for Arm internal compliance activities for the public sector business
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of licensing and services issues and related business practices, policies and procedures, and apply your knowledge and experience to non-standard and highly complex transactions
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and build strong relationships
- Identify potential areas of Public Sector vulnerability and risk; develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- JD degree from an accredited law school and active bar membership
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a contract negotiator at a government contractor or medium to large technology business
- Experience with contracting / procuring with US Federal, State and Local entities. Experience with U.K. and EU public sector contracting a plus
- Ability to analyse and negotiate contract or subcontract requirements, special provisions and general terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state RFP procedures, contracting programs, and GWACs
- Knowledge and understanding of FAR/DFARS and a GSA Schedule background is a must
- Experience with the DOE is a plus
- Work on both transactional matters and research projects with minimal supervision
- Be proactive in identifying issues in assigned task areas
- Exhibit well developed communication, negotiation and writing skills for the negotiation of technology licenses, services agreements of various types and other agreements with various government agencies
- Work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of revenue recognition principles
- Ability to draft, negotiate or modify existing templates or contractual instruments such as NDAs, teaming agreements, site licenses, volume purchase agreements and other standard software and services licensing vehicles
- Working knowledge of methods of contracting through distributors and reseller partners
- Background in reviewing solicitations and preparation of routine responses to RFIs, RFQs, RFPs
- Experience working with the FAR, including part 15, primarily with Commercial Items / COTS
- Understanding of Government buying vehicles, including GSA, SEWP, and other GWACs, and purchasing thresholds (Micro-purchase and Simplified Acquisition)
- Able to effectively communicate contract policy and practice to internal business teams
- Assists other contracts professionals in working with internal or external business teams on issues relative to assigned contracts
- Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Able to provide accurate, high-quality yet practical and concise advice at all levels
- Project management skills, including tracking and reporting skills are a definite plus
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think ‘out of the box’ when unexpected/unplanned events arise
- Confident and professional communication, presentation and negotiation skills; ability to lead multifunctional discussions/meetings with clear agenda and outcome
- Excellent customer focus skills, both internal and external
- Qualified candidates will be self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated; demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple priorities
- Interest & knowledge of technology and current trends in semiconductor / IT industry
- IT Literate, with working knowledge of using Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Occasional travel may be required
- Fluent in English
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.