We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is a rare opportunity for a systems software engineer who wants to join our team committed to building secure Arm systems. We define standard security methodologies in close collaboration with Arm groups and partners across the ecosystem. This includes an exciting range of best-in-class silicon providers (SiPs) and OEMs, as well as operating system vendors (OSVs), middleware, and content developers.
We are looking for an engineer who will play a key role in the evolution of these methodologies. You will validate their security guarantees, prove their software viability and enable their adoption by partners.
As Arm’s largest engineering centre, the Cambridge site is fortunate enough to be involved in development across all areas of Arm’s ever-growing product portfolio. As a Cambridge-based Arm employee, you will be surrounded by world-leading authorities and you have the opportunity to work with some of the very best engineers in the industry. If the challenge of working on our ground breaking technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good university degree - ideally in computer science, although other disciplines will be considered if the applicant has relevant experience.
You will have knowledge and hands-on experience in several of these areas:
- Strong programming experience in C or C++.
- Embedded or low-level software development.
- Operating systems, kernel and device driver programming.
- Fundamentals of computer architecture.
- Low-level platform security, secure boot and cryptographic processes.
You possess the following characteristics:
- You are an active and ambitious worker, able to evaluate, plan and track work tasks.
- You like to deliver on new challenges which requires a flexible attitude and approach.
- You have a real passion for computer architecture, and an interest in system hardware and operating systems.
- You have a thorough and practical attitude to problem-solving
- You have excellent communication and social skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Arm architecture
- Knowledge of virtualisation and associated technologies
- A working knowledge of SoC Security approaches e.g. system partitioning, deployment of a Trusted Execution Environment, and/or a Secure Element.
- Experience in deploying Content protection, device attestation, and/or identity services.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps