We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We have an exciting opportunity for an expert People Specialist to join our People Services team which supports the UK and Ireland. This post will be based in Cambridge. People Services are the local face of the People team at Arm and in this role, you will work alongside your Cambridge and Manchester based colleagues to provide a multi-site, professional HR advisory service to support the business in achieving its operational and long-term objectives.
What will you be accountable for?
Our people are a key enabler of our business strategy, we want to attract and retain highly talented people to make sure that we remain at the leading edge of the technology industry. We aim to be the best company to work for in our sector with sustainable high engagement and excellent results. We are passionate about conserving the best aspects of our unique culture and perpetuating what attracts people to join and remain at Arm, making life at Arm a truly engaging and rewarding experience.
- Delivering a proactive and flexible HR service to support the business.
- Coaching, guiding and advising managers on a wide range of people management topics and employee relations (ER) queries ensuring a fair, consistent and legally compliant approach is taken.
- Managing ER cases which typically includes; performance, well-being, whistleblowing and investigations.
- Supporting the design and implementation of change management projects including reorganisations and merger and acquisition activities.
- Embedding the Arm culture locally.
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners to identify local priorities which supports the HR agenda.
- Supporting the delivery of local People Plans to enable the regional strategic priorities. This includes:
- Using data and insights to drive the local people agenda
- Implementing initiatives in support of employee engagement
- Planning and delivery of development activities in partnership with Talent Development
- Supporting the local diversity and inclusion (D&I) programme to help develop and retain a diverse group of talented people
- Collaborating with Reward on local reward proposals.
- Supporting global mobility activities and internal communications.
- Delivering outstanding services to our customers by collaborating with colleagues across the team including Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Mobility, Internal Communications, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and Reward.
What experience, skills and knowledge will you need?
- You will be an HR professional with sound employment law knowledge and experience of performance management, change management and engagement.
- You will be able to advise in a skillful, authentic way and have excellent influencing skills. You will be flexible and pragmatic in your approach and enjoy working with ambiguity.
- Strong communication, coaching and social skills.
- Good judgement and analytical skills to assess options and craft solutions, whilst identifying and evaluating risks.
- Excellent team working skills to enable case work across the business to be completed in effectively.
- Confident with using and interpreting data for reporting purposes and to identify trends to inform our priorities.
- We strive to build a collaborative, results driven approach and having a customer-centric approach will be important.
- You will be passionate about continuous improvement and employee engagement helping us maintain Arm's unique culture.
- To identify, understand and address needs, you will need to be a superb communicator, who cares deeply about building relationships.
- You will have excellent organisation skills with the ability to progress and prioritise a multi-faceted workload and manage systems and processes effectively.
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a People (HR) Shared Service environment, but this isn't essential.
Due to the highly collaborative environment in Arm travel to various locations within the UK and Ireland, and occasionally internationally may be required.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps