We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you an experienced Virtual prototyping Engineer with a strong background and understanding of System-on-Chip (SoC) technologies and architectures? How would you like to join Arm at a time of transformation in our industry?
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group enables partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and contribute to open source projects, providing essential reference implementations and optimisations to key software system components, and also validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms used in intelligent devices.
The Platform Modelling team within OSS is seeking experienced modelling engineers to help build highly efficient models representing the functional aspects of System-on-Chip platforms that include many of Arm’s leading edge technologies, a base on which the rest of the OSS group builds their software stacks.
If you would like to shape the future of energy-efficient devices, this is the place to be.
What will you be accountable for?
As part of the Software Modelling team you will take hardware designs and specifications and build functional representations of an entire hardware platforms System and individual hardware components.
- Your day to day role will involve development, test, and maintenance of high speed models for Arm’s advanced system level IP.
- You will build Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
- Your activities will include supporting internal and external users of Arm models.
- We would like you to produce and execute model development plans in conjunction with project management and engineering peers.
Education & Qualifications
Post graduate university degree, Masters or PhD (or equivalent), specifically in Electronics or Computer Science, with an excellent academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You will possess and exhibit knowledge of a leading RISC based computer Architecture alongside experience of CPU architecture and familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets
- We require experience with Programmer View modelling, knowledge of Arm IP or architecture
- We look for individuals with 5 - 13 years of experience and who already have experience with hardware modelling
- We seek individuals with strong C/C++ skills combined with a detailed understanding of the internals of computers and SoCs
- We expect you are disciplined and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a distributed team; showing a willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- We expect a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge
- Your strong interpersonal skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English; can you write precise documentation, influence and build consensus?
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of C, C++, and debugging.
- You can demonstrate a proficiency developing software, including coding, testing, and debugging.
- Your background shows experience with scripting, and source control systems such as GIT/Gerrit.
- We value experience working on software projects in collaboration with a large multi-site team.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps