We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you know your PQ from your HLG? Do you cringe when you see banding on a display? We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and we are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We need someone to lead the development of the algorithms at the heart of our future Display Processors.
What will I be accountable for?
You will take the lead on defining how Arm's next-generation Display Processors should process pixels. You will need to keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends in the field to help define the display pixel processing algorithms, addressing requirements such as HDR, high quality scaling & display panel correction. In this high-profile role, you will help guide a team of world class Algorithm and Image Quality engineers as we create new and innovative algorithms. You will be also working closely with other Display Architects as we define hardware and software architectures for Arm Display Processors for various markets. As Display Algorithms Architect you will also have opportunity to represent Arm in various display quality standardisation and industry groups such as VESA.
- A deep understanding of display processing pipeline and imaging algorithms.
- Significant experience in developing innovative technology related to display and imaging.
- Very good communication and influencing skills is a huge plus as you'll be working in a multi-discipline team across multiple functions
- Understanding of constraints developing complex algorithms targeted for hardware implementation.
- Knowledge of subjective and objective image quality assessment
- Experience planning and coordinating significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusions
- Able to travel to various European Arm locations from time to time
Desirable skills & experience
- Familiarity of modern mobile and set-top-box media systems with GPU, ISP, video and display processors
- Experience crafting imaging algorithms typical of display pipelines.
- Knowledge of modern HDR video technologies
- Experience working with modern mobile LCD or OLED display panels (E.g. working on DDICs)
- Knowledge of ASIC & hardware development methodologies.
- Strong skills working in C/C++ & Python.
- Knowledge of MatLab based modelling of image processing algorithms.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Seek diverse views and involve others - brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength - widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions - stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Take responsibility for your ongoing development, and facilitate development of those you lead
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps