We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm defines the pervasive computing crafting today’s connected world. Realised in 100 billion silicon chips, our device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology transforming our lives — from smartphones to supercomputers, from medical instruments to agricultural sensors, and from base stations to servers.
Arm is now diversifying into the next wave of pervasive computing - the Internet of Things (IoT). Arm’s IoT Connectivity Management team enables enterprise customers with a robust end-to-end IoT platform for managing, connecting, provisioning and updating devices that is easily scalable and flexible. We provide a range of IoT orientated cellular connectivity services for Enterprise clients as well as IoT connectivity enablement and management technologies for Mobile Network Operators. As part of Arm's IoT Services Group (ISG), we are on a mission to securely connect the world's devices and data.
The IoT market is a dynamic and rapidly evolving market space. Arm wants to maintain its leadership position and be at the forefront of delivering groundbreaking IoT on a global scale. We are frequently requested to respond to formal and informal RFP and RFI processes. Moreover, as our customer engagement increases globally we will be building bespoke proposal documents that assist our sales teams throughout the sales cycle.
To that end, we are seeking to appoint an expert Bid Proposal Manager to own the co-ordination and production of professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates Arm's compelling value proposition in this market.
To be successful in this role you will be a clear thinker, strong communicator and able to synthesise technical and commercial inputs into a coherent narrative. Using your creativity, this narrative then needs to be converted into high quality physical and digital documents that support successful sales. Finally, in terms of production and delivery you will need a strong eye for detail, and ability to lead colleagues and suppliers to deliver against precise deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading storyboard sessions with bid/proposal team members and key technical/commercial authorities
- Collaborating with sales and technical teams to tease out key customer requirements for addressing within proposals
- Actively developing and leading a network of subject matter experts in the crafting of bid documents
- Identifying and re-working existing pre-written content where appropriate; leading library of high-quality, boiler-plate content
- Delivering completed written proposal responses to the Sales Manager against agreed RFI and RFP deadlines, calling out issues as required
- Re-writing/editing proposal responses from a variety of partners, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical/product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Assisting in the drafting of commercial schedules for inclusion in contractual material (such as project scopes and deliverables)
- Maintaining an up-to date knowledge and understanding of customer contracts and commercial terms
- Mentoring sales teams and technical specialists in writing for maximum impact
- Storing and maintaining all new proposal content within Arm's suite of knowledge tools for re-use when appropriate
What we are looking for:
- Degree educated or previous journalistic/professional writing background.
- Confirmed experience in producing/editing successful proposals in a complex business environment, including leadership of storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings/final document review, content sign off and document production
- Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system will be critical to improving our ongoing win-rates through proposal writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills & proficiency with a range of MS Office 365 tools.
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level, with strong written English language skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with the IoT/telecoms space would be an advantage
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience
- Certified to Assocation of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) at Foundation or Practitioner level, or equivalent qualification
- Fluency in a foreign language
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps