Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Arm is a leading global technology company. The business is experiencing rapid growth as it executes an investment strategy to shape the connected world. Arm generated revenues of $1.8bn in the year to March 2018 and has around 7,500 staff operating across the globe.
Arm’s growing scale and complexity of operations requires a global, digital and best practice Category Management to meet the needs of our changing business.
This is a great opportunity to join Arm and the Procurement team, to shape Strategic Sourcing, drive the change, whilst delivering results with notable value to the business.About the Role
The main purpose of the role is to implement international leading Strategic Sourcing practices and to fulfill the following tasks - working closely with the business to proactively identify Sourcing initiatives, supporting the Category Managers (CM) in global and agreed US local negotiations to place suppliers under contract and supporting the Category Manager(s) with the subsequent supplier relationship management.
The role holder will be responsible for developing Sourcing Initiatives primarily within the “Indirect Procurement” spend areas as IT, Property, Facilities Management, People and Engineering categories on a global basis (but with an initial focus on the UK and US) in conjunction with and under the direction of the Category Managers (CM)
You will also effectively identify Sourcing opportunities starting with analysis of spend reporting and subsequent engagement with the business to agree with Sourcing requirements and plan development to allow execution – all in order to deliver greater value to the business, from quality, process, cost and time perspective.
What will I be accountable for?
Sourcing requirement and strategies
- Understand/analyze Arm spend and supplier landscape
- Understand/analyze relevant supplier capabilities
- Know relevant business strategies, budget, plans and priorities
- Develop and align Sourcing requirements plan
- Plan and hands-on drive low to mid-size sourcing initiatives as directed by CM (s)
- Ensure small size projects are supported and data captured and analyzed
- Measure and report on Sourcing initiatives undertaken
- Understand and document business sourcing requirements per category/sub-category areas
- Align Sourcing strategies to Stakeholder expectations
Regional Functional Support
- Implement local/regional/global sourcing process for low to mid-size opportunities.
- Ensure full visibility of business sourcing requirements
- Manage reporting of Sourcing initiatives across all geographies and assigned categories
- Work within the CM(s) sourcing strategies and tactics for the categories in scope
- Independently identify Sourcing initiatives with CM(s) guidance
- Capture the requirements and support small sourcing projects, in all geographies.
- Work within category governance, engaging Stakeholders and teams in all geographies re the sourcing initiatives identified