We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Memory Design Engineer at Arm, you will be part of development team that includes some of the industry's leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This is a rare opportunity for you to work with a team of diverse, highly motivated and creative engineers to dream up improvements and technology that will make our state-of-the-art memories even better.
Our Artisan portfolio of high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra-low power memories are optimized for each silicon technology. Your work will impact Arm innovation being used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ that are in development and production at groundbreaking semiconductor foundries and IDMs. If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative and self-going individual that loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will contribute in all aspects of advance memory product design and development
- You will analyze memory marginality for advanced technologies
- You will perform circuit design, physical design, memory characterization, and related verifications needed for the memories to work seamlessly in CPUs and SOCs
- You will experiment and evaluate new memory architectures and methodologies
- You will work with designers to continually define, improve and develop memory infrastructure, methodologies, and flows
- Your job responsibility also includes producing memory block floorplans, wire-plans and layouts of circuit blocks
- Your job is to ensure high quality and high-performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for Arm CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
- You will also work with project management to define schedules and highlight risks and issues
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required, with a Master's degree (MSEE) preferred
- 2-5+ years of memory circuit design experience (SRAM preferred)
- FinFet Circuit/Layout understanding with deep submicron technologies
- Layout understanding is meaningful for success in this role
- Fundamental knowledge of technology trade-offs in deep sub-micron design
- A practical understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) layout techniques
- Experience in low power circuit techniques
- An understanding of MOSFET electrical characteristics
- An understanding of SRAM memory functionality with power, performance, and area tradeoffs
- Experience with transistor level circuit simulators
- Experience with Schematic and Layout Capture: Cadence schematic or equivalent.
- Understanding of extraction methodologies and limitations
- You need an ability to take on dynamic and complex technical challenges.
- Experience with EDA tools such as Design Compiler, IC Compiler, PrimeTime, SoC Encounter, Pacific, Nanosim, Pathmill, Spectre, HSPICE, HSIM, Finesim, etc.
- Programming and scripting proficiency
- Basic Source control management with tool such as DesignSync
- Understanding of functional verification using ESPCV or similar tools
- Experience in crafting memory compilers
- An understanding of Modeling Languages including Verilog and VHDL.
- An understanding of transistor level device physics
- Experience with transistor level design of static circuits including state retaining elements like latches and flops
- Experience with design of memory circuits including address decoders, word line drivers, and sense amplifiers
- An understanding of transistor level power management techniques
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps