We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join ARM, and help shape the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation media accelerators that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
As Media System Modelling Engineer, your main role will consist in modeling different approaches and technologies for future media accelerators (e.g. GPU, video accelerator, image signal processor or display processor). The models are used to evaluate different approaches, predict performance, bandwidth and power for future products and are important for deciding on products to develop and providing marketing with material for customer discussions.
Joining an experienced, multinational development team, you will work on leading edge technologies, directly contributing to ARM future media accelerators.
What will I be accountable for?
Your main responsibilities will be to model and evaluate different approaches and technologies for future products with a focus on how different accelerators cooperate with each other and with the host CPU. This is a role working early on in the product development flow, contributing ideas and results before the products are fully defined.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Excellent programming skills (any language)
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- A working knowledge of statistics and data compression technologies
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- Be able to work efficiently alone as well as in a team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with Media Processing and with LPWAN (Low-Power Wide-Area Network) technology. Media Processing team develops tomorrow’s embedded Mali™ Video and Graphics technology and products while the WBU/LPWAN team develops tomorrow's family of Arm standards-based low-power wireless IP´s named Cordio®-N. The office is located in the vibrant Öresund region in the south of Sweden offering plenty of nature, city life, or natural experiences, alongside with Lund University and a range of tech companies.