We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Information Technology group at Arm provides a range of services to support existing and future commercial activities through working closely with the global enterprise to develop business change initiatives. Within this group, the Delivery and Engineering team works to deliver valuable business change to support Arms growth in an agile, resilient and scalable way.
Arm Enterprise IT begun an agile transformation journey in October 2016 and we are now looking to recruit a permanent agile coach to help us continue our journey. The Agile Centre of Excellence (ACE) provides support and guidance on agile related activity within IT. Our vision is to support and coach teams across IT to become more agile, more resilient and deliver greater value. We strive to be industry leaders in building an agile organisation
We are based in Cambridge, UK and this is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and driven team.
About the role
Do you want to play a leading role in an exciting and innovative transformation? Do you have lots of positive energy? Do you strive for continuous improvements and have innovative ideas? Can you be inspirational and help improve our agile maturity?
You will provide coaching, training and support to teams to build IT wider agile wide capability so that agile culture is established within IT.
You will work closely with Scrum teams and Release Train Engineers and provide an outside team view of team capability and maturity.
We use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) but have been flexible to ensure it works for Arm IT.
What you will do
Working with the Director of Agile Centre of Excellence and Delivery Management, your role is central to the successful delivery of IT initiatives through close collaboration with the Scrum Teams. You will be performing the following activities:
- Coaching and supporting across IT through 1:1 and team coaching during key ceremonies to build agile skills and capabilities
- Measuring and assessing team maturity to identify areas for additional improvement and focus
- Creating and delivering training courses and lunch and learns which improve the overall IT agile skills and capabilities
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities which will improve IT ability to be agile and implementing process improvements to meet that goal
- Maintaining the central knowledge hub of good practice so that IT has a central repository of self-help information
- Support teams to use the agreed process (including any relevant exceptions) so that agile deliveries are well managed
- Work with others to raise organisational blockers
- Leadership coaching and mind changer, inspiring cultural change across IT
- Nurture and develop Communities of Practices
- Priortises work to deliver maximum value
Who you are
- Excellent at influencing and motivating individuals and teams to be innovative, highly productive and ready for fast change
- Self-motivated, with strong organisational skills and a “can do” attitude
- Working with ambiguity in a dynamic working environment
- Great communication skills and can work at multiple levels
- Know that continuous improvement is a never-ending journey
- You can bring knowledge and experience with Lean thinking
- Demonstrates drive, energy and resilience to work in an agile environment
- Expert understanding and working knowledge of Scrum events and artefacts
- Ability to lead and motivate teams in applying agile principles and achieving sprint goals
- Understanding of best practice agile development principles
- Able to understand technical terminology and experience of working in a technical environment
- Strong team working and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills with business stakeholders and technical team members
- Servant leader mindset – shares the same personal attributes as a very experienced scrum master
- Able to identify opportunities for ongoing org redesign
- Scaled Agile experience
- Expert user of tools to support agile delivery management (Jira, Confluence and Kanban boards)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. Familiar with automated testing, BDD, TDD, continuous integration/deployment etc.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps