We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a dynamic ecosystem with over 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and with more than 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm's Partner Enablement organization, where we offer creative services to drive the successful delivery of our partners' state of the art products.
- Do you have a strong background in microprocessor architectures and open source software?
- Are you a dynamic problem solver, capable of investigating and resolving complex customer issues?
- Are you passionate about new technology and want to help drive the global adoption of ground breaking Arm IP?
- Can you demonstrate technical leadership and an aptitude for sharing knowledge with others?
As a Senior Application Engineer in the Architecture & Open Source group, you will join a growing and highly motivated team responsible for supporting Arm's partners in applying Arm IP and software technologies in their latest state of the art projects, including by:
- Resolving issues and acting as trusted adviser to answer deeply technical inquiries
- Delivering world-class technical training, whether by virtual classroom or travelling off-site to visit customers in person
- Producing excellent technical enablement content for the Arm Developer website and training portal
- Bridging the gap between Arm's customers and product engineering teams by providing detailed feedback and customer insights to improve our products and ensure we are best enabling partner success
Education and qualifications
Good university degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent; other disciplines with applicable experience will also be considered.
Essential skills & behaviours
- Your strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English
- We seek enthusiasm and flexibility in putting customers first; you are hardworking with a real passion for enabling others to succeed
- You can demonstrate an ability to manage competing priorities and work with peers in a global team spanning many cultures and timezones
- You offer experience of applications engineering or development of embedded software, firmware, and device drivers
- We are seeking an understanding of the Arm architecture and tools
- We look for experience of platform bring-up and low-level debug
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components and their software interfaces
- You know about assembly language, preferably an Arm instruction set
- Experience with standard firmware implementations: e.g. UEFI, U-Boot
- Experience with boot-time drivers: e.g. PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, USB, Flash
- You demonstrate a holistic view of system-level software architecture
- Experience with the Windows or Linux kernels and a knowledge of kernel generalization mechanisms: e.g. ACPI, Device Tree
- Experience of technical training material development and delivery will be an advantage
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps