We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How would you feel to have your code improve over half of all mobile games by working closely with the two major engines? And at the same time gaining a deep understanding of how to optimize for the most widely used compute solutions within the mobile handset market? The mission of Arm's Client Line of Business is to accelerate the adoption of our technology and to open new markets through partnership with our product and marketing groups.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to be part of a team responsible for optimizing and improving the world's most successful game engines for Arm technologies. You will be supported by a highly motivated team of engineers dedicated to improving the graphics backend of Unity, Unreal and other game engines for the latest graphics APIs and Arm hardware. You'll help with technical evaluation, estimation and completion of software engineering objectives identified in collaboration with our hardware and architecture team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify bottlenecks in Unity and Unreal and providing solutions and proposals
- Testing state of the art Unity and Unreal features on existing and new Arm hardware
- Technical evaluation of proposed software optimization tasks
- Task estimation, tracking and completion
- Progress reporting and liaising with other remote teams
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
It would be helpful if you also had:
- Experience using game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal
- Experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of Arm Mali or other mobile GPU architecture
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge of the mobile software and developer landscape
- Experience of agile scrum process
- Experience with Android or Linux internals
- Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
- Working knowledge of developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms
- Experience of working in a collaborative and diverse team
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are hiring a number of software engineers at this location.
Opening date: 11th June 2019
Closing date: 8th July 2019
Location: Cambridge, UK
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps