We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to stamp your mark on the future of development mobile payment? We are looking for an experienced marketing professional with a background in the silicon and mobile payment industry. You have the opportunity to join a team of motivated professionals helping ARM deliver develop new growth strategies, products, software, and services. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the Client growth segment related to mobile in developed markets, key players, strategies for business success, standards, capture of market requirements and GTM activities. In this role, you will work closely with a variety of stakeholders in the Client business line and across Arm as well as interacting with our customers and partners.
The ideal candidate for this role must be capable of building strong, direct relationships with senior business and technical leaders in partner companies. Ideal candidate to have a deep understanding of the mobile payment segment is complex in terms of # players in ecosystem, transaction fee structure and payment technologies for the developed markets (ex. Americas, Europe, Japan). Understanding of standards EMVCo for HCE and Client-based Wallets, terminals, payment ecosystem and card reader technologies. Ideal candidate to have a deep understanding of the global electronic ID segment is complex in terms of # players in ecosystem, variety of approaches and government regulations. Electronic ID can span across multiple regions (Europe, Americas, Japan, etc.).
This person must be self-motivated, self-sufficient with ability to stay current for the development market payment industry trends, technologies, and issues. Candidate will be developing growth business strategies for the Client group. The candidate must have good written, verbal, and presentation skills, including the ability to represent ARM in the industry as a ‘business and technology evangelist' for our client strategy. This person must be comfortable working at senior levels within ARM and within their customer and have demonstrated the ability to identify and drive customer requirements market needs into actionable goals.
What will you be accountable for?
- Work with partners to gain an understanding of overall business strategy, organizational structure, and where opportunities for partnership and additional revenue generation.
- Provide key inputs into product / solution requirements and strategy for the partners. Align respective roadmaps between Arm and the partners and influence these requirements to align with Arm.
- Build business strategy and growth proposals that influence internal roadmap to support future use cases for IP, software solutions, and services
- Highly analytical - Data driven and possess strong problem-solving skills, able to structure complicated issues and find creative solutions to business challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to bring difficult discussions to the table and arbitrate different viewpoints effectively, not afraid to speak up to ensure the success of the program and call out issues
- Collect and track relevant partner metrics and potential forecast while understanding their issues and priorities in conjunction with other Client teams.
- Identifying and proposing solutions to the partners needs and driving adoption of Arm technologies and products
- Ability to provide well-articulated business cases to motivate internal teams to provide ongoing support.
- Structure agreements and deals that are workable within Arm and partners parameters, both Legal and Business terms.
- Participation in standards meetings
- Successful candidate will also need to possess a strong ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams including Executive Management, Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, Engineering, and Corporate R&D.
- Identify gaps in the ARM roadmap vs competition and assist with overall competitive strategy
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you work towards overcoming obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving new business strategies and model through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a technical aptitude, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of business development and or go to market experience at a silicon vendor or mobile payment ecosystem provider
- Must be capable of building strong, direct relationships with senior business and technical customers
- Demonstrate the ability to build new business strategies and revenue growth
- Ability to work effectively with eco-system partners
- Knowledge of ARM architecture offerings targeted at the Client segments (mobile, home, large screen compute).
- Excellent communication (including spoken and written English) business development and customer support skills, strong interpersonal skills (with proven track record of cross-group collaboration).
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to understand, specify and communicate requirements to marketing and engineering teams.
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and to achieve high quality results
About the Client Line of Business Group:
The Client Line of Business group works globally to grow ARM partners solve critical business and technical problems with ARM based technology solutions. Our partners and customers range from the world's largest mobile companies, to OS vendors, Systems Integrators and solutions providers
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps