We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to stamp your mark on the future of computing? You have the opportunity to join a team of motivated professionals helping Arm deliver new products and grow its position in the Client/home market.
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role must be capable of building strong, direct relationships with senior business and technical leaders in partner companies. Must a good understanding of the home (DTV, STB, Smart devices with display) segment from an overall ecosystem and end user standpoint. Very important to success in this role is the ability to be a strong trusted advisor in solving challenging business and technical problems towards the benefit of Arm partners and Arm. This person must be self-motivated, self-sufficient with ability to stay current on emerging industry trends, technologies, and issues. Home industry experience with strong knowledge of computer and communications industry technical solutions is desirable.
The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of home segment technologies and their relationship to end devices for end-customer usage and benefit. The candidate must have good written, verbal, and presentation skills, including the ability to represent ARM in the industry as a 'business and technology evangelist' for our client strategy. This person must be comfortable working at senior levels within Arm and within their customer and have demonstrated the ability to identify and drive customer requirements market needs into actionable goals.
What will you be accountable for?
- Work with partners to gain an understanding of overall business strategy, organizational structure, and where opportunities for partnership or revenue generation exist.
- Provide key inputs into product / solution requirements and strategy for the partners. Align respective roadmaps between Arm and the partners and influence these requirements to align with Arm.
- Build business strategy and influence internal roadmap to support future use cases for IP and software solutions
- Collect and track relevant partner metrics and potential forecast while understanding their issues and priorities in conjunction with other Client teams.
- Identifying and proposing solutions to the partners needs and driving adoption of Arm technologies and products
- Coordination with various Arm Lines of Business to identify and drive priorities where opportunities exist within each target partner account.
- Ability to work closely with Sales, Business Units, and Solution Marketing, Product Management teams to manage customer needs.
- Ability to provide well-articulated business cases to motivate internal teams to provide ongoing support.
- Structure agreements and deals that are workable within Arm and partners parameters, both Legal and Business terms.
- Successful candidate will also need to possess a strong ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams including Executive Management, Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, Engineering, and Corporate R&D.
- Identify gaps in the Arm roadmap vs competition and assist with overall competitive strategy
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a technical aptitude, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of business development and or go to market experience at a silicon vendor , home segment OEM or a platform company
- Must be capable of building strong, direct relationships with senior business and technical customers
- Ability to work effectively with eco-system partners
- Knowledge of Arm architecture offerings targeted at home segments.
- Excellent communication (including spoken and written English) business development and customer support skills, strong interpersonal skills (with proven track record of cross-group collaboration).
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to understand, specify and communicate requirements to marketing and engineering teams.
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and to achieve high quality results
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps