We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
As a Graduate Engineer in the Systems Architecture and Technology Group, you will join a team of motivated architects and engineers who share a real passion for technology development, guided by quantitative investigation and expert understanding of the markets we serve. You will play a meaningful role helping Arm maintain its leadership in the low-power mobile market, as well as developing next-generation technologies for the server and networking markets. If you want to work within a customer facing team driving innovation and dedicated to having an impact on the future of technology, we want to hear from you!
The Systems Architecture and Technology Group is responsible for exploring and understanding new technologies in order to meet the needs of future systems. This often involves working with innovative hardware/software prototypes and models not yet available to the general public. Work is carried out on a range of creative development platforms, software models, simulators, and production code – typically 3-5 years before these systems are released as commercial products by Arm partners.
What will I be accountable for?
We are looking for an outstanding Graduate candidate who is passionate about the latest computing technology. As a member of a small and agile team you will work alongside system architects and technology experts from across Arm to understand and craft next-generation systems, including the definition of future Arm products. In particular, you will develop prototypes for the reference implementations of the Arm and industry standards.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
As a successful Graduate Engineer, you will be flexible with a variety of software or hardware development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
- You will have a Bachelors or Masters degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, although candidates with other academic backgrounds would also be considered if they have the relevant skills.
- You will have a strong interest in computer architecture and the interaction between software and hardware in a real system.
- You will possess a research mindset that seeks to find and communicate the best answers to complex technical problems based on systematic investigation.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong C programming skills
- Good grounding in computer architecture
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
Desirable skills and experience:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience/project work related to the interface between software and hardware
- Independent research experience
- A strong interest in infrastructure systems (servers, storage and networking)
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps