Education & Qualifications
You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Detailed understanding of CPU micro-architecture.
• Expertise in C++
• Strong software development experience, including design specification, coding, testing, and debugging.
• Experience of exploring and evaluating ideas and performance related to processor micro-architecture
• Experience of performance modelling
• Experience with RTL and SystemC simulators.
• Familiarity with ARM architectures and instruction sets.
• Knowledge of System Architectures including OS kernel internals.
• Experience of Unix development environment.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unrivaled culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape exceptional. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
• Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
• Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve our goals.
• Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly