We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exciting time at Arm as its business continues to grow and evolve, with an opportunity for you to develop professionally and gain experience within a dynamic and supportive Finance team.
As we continue to grow, we seek individuals to join our team to support our growth plans and to help innovate and scale processes. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the UK Financial Controller will primarily lead the day-to-day activities performed by the U.K. accounting department to ensure accurate and timely report of financial documents.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will be leading the month-end close, account reconciliations, analytical reviews and control compliance.
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with company policies & procedures, GAAP, IFRS, and regulatory/industry guidelines and requirements
Present financial information to senior management
- You will support the UK implementation of S4/HANA and global standardisation of associated business processes and work with various groups to provide support in data modeling and analysis
- You will lead the Financial Accounting team and Cashier and will have the ability to provide mentoring, coaching and development to direct reports
- Coordinating and leading the daily accounting function in the U.K., you will and act as the liaison to the Group Finance and other regional offices
- You will be responsible for implementing, documenting and assessing accounting procedures, internal controls and database management
- You will monitor and analyses department work to develop more efficient and scalable procedures and the best use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- You will assist in the development and enforcement of accounting policy and procedures to ensure compliance with the organization's objectives and regulatory requirements
- You will manage audit preparation and liaison with internal and external auditors
- Work on special projects such as lease reviews, purchasing contracts review, sales and property tax and prepare financial analytics to support these activities
- You will work with M&A team on integration of finance activities
- You will approve financial payments to suppliers ensuring there is a robust review process
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Hands-on experience in period end close is a requirement
- Qualified Accountant with significant PQE
- Proven ability to manage all Accounting related functions with strong operational experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, good judgment and common sense
- Strong knowledge of the latest financial accounting and reporting developments
- Experience with SAP
- Extraordinary interpersonal, communication and business partnering skills
- Strong leadership and can inspire, coach and mentor the UK finance team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working across functions
- Comfortable working flexible hours due to global nature of the business and occasionally maintain extended work hours during critical project times
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps