We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To support the continued growth of Arm and the development of our IT function, we seek a highly motivated Solution Architect. You will be a passionate individual with significant architecture experience across a variety of technology domains and functions. This is a superb opportunity for someone who thrives being a problem solver and creative thinker for interesting and complex challenges, and works well within a collaborative environment.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that we are designing innovative, robust and scalable solutions, working alongside both internal and external development pools as part of projects on both existing and new technology solutions.
As well as designing solutions, you will participate in the development and progression of the architecture community at Arm.
What will you be accountable for?
- Analysing the current portfolio to detect critical deficiencies, and recommending improvements.
- Developing enterprise-grade creative solutions within a wide remit portfolio.
- Assist developing Arm’s Solution Architecture capability.
- Assisting colleagues as a technical/industry authority.
- Supporting business case and proposal development.
- Assisting in the delivery planning for projects and service improvement.
- Supporting the delivery of solutions across a range of technologies.
- This role we require 50% travel to Cambridge
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Working knowledge of solution design artefacts and processes
- Architecting and delivering customer web-facing systems
Experience with many of following technologies:
- Client/server/web platforms
- Web identity management
- Development & release management
- Integration, orchestration and API management
- Micro services architectures
- SAP business applications
- Cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Office 365 platform and associated services
Proven track record for being:
- Analytical and creative in resolving complex issues
- Recognising potential risks and working to actively resolve them
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices, and more passionate about results than in personal preferences
- Competent communicating technical issues to non-technical people as well as explaining non-technical issues to technical people
Experience in, or a good appreciation of, several of the following functional disciplines:
- Business architecture
- Information and data architecture
- Applications architecture, including middleware
- Infrastructure architecture
- Application development
- Database management
- Project management
- IT Operations and Service Delivery
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical & Life
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Others, SZEP card, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Budapest office is focused on design and verification projects from the Systems & Software and Partner Enablement teams. Often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrassy Avenue, making it one of the most visited cities in Europe.
Arm Hungary Kft.
1082 Budapest, Futó u. 45.
(Corvin Crystal Tower)
See on Google maps