We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm is world renowned for crafting and designing energy efficient processors. These processors are the brains in billions of applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things. Working side by side with the top tier technology companies across the globe, the CPU group specifies, designs and validates all of Arm’s processor IP.
The Arm culture is open and relaxed where premier, creative engineers work together both ambitiously and collaboratively on CPUs that enable people to connect every single day.
As an experienced CPU implementation engineer, this role offers you challenging work with forward-thinking colleagues and the ability to make an impact on your industry. At our Austin-based design center, you will join a small and hardworking Austin-based processor CPU design team.
We employ leading-edge technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products. Your close collaboration with other ARM engineering teams will lead to complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
You will build CPU cores on the latest process nodes to enable RTL development for processors, to enable power and performance benchmarking, and for working with Arm partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- Use of synthesis, place and route to develop best in class ARM IP
- Evaluation of results for flow improvements and RTL feedback
- Resolving place and route issues to improve performance and power
- Development of floorplans and floor planning to meet design requirements
- Verification of functionality, speed & power of developed design
- Development of high performance, low power clock distribution
- Investigate and adopt new methodologies to improve design timing and power
- Supplemental script writing to enhance flow and gathering of vital statistics
- Working closely with other team members both locally and globally to complete design milestones
- Working with EDA tool vendors on recommended flows for ARM cores
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
What willgive my candidacy an edge?:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years related design experience, ideally more (think senior or staff range)
Proven experience in high performance and/or low power processor design specifically with the following:
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Understanding of block and unit-level floor planning challenges in high-frequency designs
- Diagnostic skills for tools and resultant reports
- Ability to make design tradeoffs based upon assumptions, inherent knowledge and design analysis
- Technical experience with customers
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps