We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, expert Performance Analysis Software Engineer ideally with strong knowledge of code performance measurement, analysis and monitoring to join our performance analysis team in Manchester.
The role involves cooperating with highly motivated engineers from different disciplines and customers throughout the world to design, develop and deploy optimised Vulkan and OpenGL ES drivers for the current and the next generation of Arm graphics cores.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience of performance analysis techniques and code optimisation
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES etc.
- Experienced knowledge of C/C++.
- Expert knowledge of embedded OS and/or RTOS like: embedded Linux, Android, Nucleus.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of software optimisation and instrumentation.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures.
- Experience with embedded software environments.
- Arm architecture knowledge.
- Experience with assembler-level programming and debugging (Arm desirable but not essential).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX host environments.
- Previous experience in leading a small Team of engineers.
You will exhibit many of the following qualities:
- Self-reliant and who seeks out information and learning when required
- Ability to solve problems creatively - e.g. challenge the status quo and suggest novel approaches
- Evaluate proposals critically - e.g. contributing to design discussions and code reviews.
- Address all life-cycle phases of large tasks, from specification through test and user documentation, with minimal supervision.
- Take on a technical leadership role for some aspects of project work, investigations, and feasibility studies.
- Provide support and guidance to our internal users and colleagues.
- Understand development and project processes in depth.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to Arm location in Cambridge and worldwide.
About the GPU Team
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps