We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a vibrant ecosystem with more than 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and over 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
In the role you are a part of the Austin-based CPU performance architecture team, which is part of Arm's worldwide CPU development group. This diverse engineering-centric team defines, designs, and validates Arm processor IP. Arm-based processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices and we collaborate with the world's leading technology companies.
As an authority —think Senior/Staff/Principal type engineer-- on our team of about a dozen senior engineers, you tackle next-generation Arm Cortex-A class CPU microarchitecture design and performance analysis. You will be a part of a growing organization with a validated business model and a strong plan for continued future growth. Your team focuses on engineering using the latest tools and methodologies with an eye for innovation and creative problem solving.
What will I be accountable for?
As a CPU Performance Architect you will contribute to the future:
- You analyze CPU performance when integrated into a larger system and ensure model functionality and accuracy in that environment
- You use core and system models containing CPUs to craft next-generation CPU microarchitecture and you also use your strong software engineering skills to enable CPU performance models to be cleanly encapsulated and integrated into system-level models
- You collaborate closely with other users of the CPU model, helping them overcome hurdles and collecting input for future improvements
- You interact technically with both internal engineering teams and external partners
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You bring a variety of skills, experience, and qualifications:
- MS (Masters) or BS (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience relevant to workload analysis
- An authority with microarchitecture at the level of CPU, system, and SoC
- C/C++ and assembly-level programming
- The ability to travel occasionally for training and customer meetings
What would give you an edge?
If you bring experience building, configuring, and bringing up of Linux and Android on virtual environments along with specific Arm-architecture experience or if you have prior knowledge of SystemC or TLM2, then we want to talk with you. Likewise, if you love scripting in either Python or Perl, then that will help you during the interview process.
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps