We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm is world renowned for crafting and designing energy efficient processors. These processors are the brains in billions of applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things. Working side by side with the top tier technology companies across the globe, the CPU group specifies, designs, and validates all of Arm’s processor IP.
The Arm culture is open and relaxed where premier, creative engineers work together both ambitiously and collaboratively on CPUs that craft how people connect every single day.
Whether you consider yourself an experienced CPU microarchitect or an expert RTL design engineer, this role offers you challenging work with forward-thinking colleagues and the ability to make an impact on your industry. At our Austin-based design center, you will join a small and hardworking Austin-based processor RTL design team. You will contribute to the specification, microarchitecture, and RTL design of high performance, energy efficient microprocessors as you focus on the instruction fetch unit.
We employ leading-edge technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products. Your close collaboration with other Arm engineering teams will lead to complete IP solutions to address the performance, power, and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will develop CPU microarchitecture specifications and designs
- You debug and correct functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation tools, debug tools, and your programming skills, while you draw from your in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design of the processor
- You will work closely with performance modeling, validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Significant prior experience in these specific areas is required:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant discipline along with proven related experience may be substituted.
- Minimum 5 years of post-degree work experience in processor microarchitecture and RTL design (think senior/staff types)
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Core RTL and microarchitecture, out-of-order processor design
- High-performance, low-latency execution, area-efficient and power-efficient processor design
- Domain expertise in various logic areas of CPU microarchitecture and design - specifically experience in areas related to instruction fetch
- Strong experience, understanding, and skills in these specific areas required:
- RTL design for multi-threaded, low-power microprocessors
- Hands-on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL for design
- Crafting for synthesis targeted to achieve specified power, frequency, and area targets
- Functionality, performance & physical implementation tradeoffs
- Scripting, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and customer meetings
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps