We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role:
Are you a person who can drive, lead and motivate technical teams to deliver on Arm’s roadmap, enabling IP that will be in the next generation of devices around the world, many of them enabling safety critical environments such as automotive or robotics?
This role is for a motivated Project Manager based in Arm’s Cambridge (UK) Design Centre. You will be part of the Technology Services Group (TSG), working with project managers and engineering teams to ensure we achieve on-time delivery of projects which enable our CPU, Media Processing and System Teams.
TSG provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solution development for Arm's engineering community. Whether it’s high-performance compute on our infrastructure and in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the products and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
Our people have a real passion for progress, we evaluate, deploy and use new technology to make Arm better, now and in the future. If you want a role which makes a real difference across the whole of Arm, we’d like to hear from you.
You will work very closely with the Project and Engineering Managers who share responsibility to lead and deliver projects in terms of performance, cost, quality and on-time delivery. You will have a consistent record of working as part of a project management and service delivery team across all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will continuously improve evolving practices to reach standard methodology where not fully embraced or understood
- Establish common patterns for using project management tools to track and report progress/velocity
- You will coach and develop the team to self-organise and work multi-functionally
- Establish waterfall theory, practices and rules into project/delivery teams
- Driving teams to achieve target scope, schedule and cost
- Define and track resource and budget plans
- Identifying and managing dependencies and impacts among projects across the portfolio
- Resolving issues raised from related projects
- Engaging with partners across Arm, including architects, technical IT authorities, business partners and vendors
- Lead partner interactions to improve the value built by the team
- Successful delivery of the work, removing impediments and calling out blockers where necessary
- Facilitate planning and estimation within project teams
- This role will require occasional travel to work across Arm global sites
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience in migrating on-premise HPC environments to Cloud
- Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques
- Extensive experience of performing a Project Manager role. Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Experience of leading large teams and delivering projects using waterfall methodologies
- Lead resource allocation and shuffle resources across various projects based on resource needs
- Ability to lead numerous projects of small or medium size within the same timeframe
- Proficiency in using Project Management tools (e.g. Jira) for issue and project tracking
- Demonstrated leadership for changing business requirements while keeping the team on track
- Able to work independently and integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Ability to work with teams located in different time zones and with different cultures
- Experience of driving project teams in a rapidly changing hardware and software development environment
- Strong influencing skills, the ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organisations where opposing priorities exist
- Clear understanding of, and ability to apply, the concepts of risk management
- Experience of project management reporting
- Experience of using planning and reporting tools (MS Project, JIRA)
- Experience of facilitating workshops, leading discovery with multi-functional teams
- Experience of release/iteration planning
- Experience of continuous integration and delivery, particularly in Dev Ops teams
- Experience working with IT Infrastructure teams to deploy new systems into a live environment
- Experience of working with teams using different project methodologies to achieve a common end goal
- Project management qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- Proven project management experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps