We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a passionate software developer with a keen eye for detail and engineering elegance? Do you love solving problems, innovating and developing ideas? Are you proud of past work where you have delivered high quality, performant, and maintainable software solutions?
Operations Research/ Decision Analytics Team (OR/DA) are looking to expand our team with a talented and experienced Senior Data Engineer to work on building automated data pipelines for the Operations Research and Decision Analytics function. We are part of a centralized business group which runs and delivers the platforms, tools, infrastructures and workflows that are used by the Arm product development teams.
The OR/DA team works with data to add business value by applying a mixture of Data Engineering, Data Visualisation and Data Science disciplines to a variety of complex engineering problems. We extract information from large data sets to enable data driven decisions and improved efficiency and effectiveness of use of engineering platforms and infrastructure
You will be an experienced software engineer with experience of Spark, Python, databases and/ or equivalent data engineering tools, and keen to pursue the problems of extracting knowledge from data and driven to understand the core ‘stories’ that data can tell. You will help drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements by providing the means to make data driven decisions.
- You will take ownership for the development and deployment of our ETL data engineering process, that allows relevant data to be centrally collected, aggregated, and processed
- You will work with engineering and IT functions to ensure sufficient relevant data is being gathered to provide the best information for engineering platforms like HPC, Storage, EDA, Emulation, FPGA's..
- You will have continuous communication with the organization for changing priorities and improvements needed for development of the service in the area of data engineering
Your tasks will typically include:
- ETL Code Development: Data source exploration, extract, transform and load engineering data from various sources for visualization
- Build and deploy ETL workflows for continuous data delivery to the dashboards making sure it is robust and scalable
- Follow software engineering standards: Testing analytics products for robustness: Source Control, Code Testing, Verify Code Logic and Data integrity, Debugging and Review of Code and Data anomaly.
- Enhance data collection and data processing methodologies.
- Collaborate with the other team members who use various statistical and Machine Learning models to build predictive analytical products for our Engineering and Platform Operation teams
Required skills and qualifications:
- A good university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent life experience and knowledge.
- You will consider yourself to have extensive experience and a track history of delivering complex software projects on schedule and within budget
- Sound understanding of software development process and practices such as coding standards, code reviews and version control systems for software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
We would be even more impressed if you have had experience/ passionate about the following:
- Exposure to large scale clustered compute environments (LSF) and Storage Architecture with some exposure to cloud services
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, Exasol, Linux, Docker, Mesos, etc.
- NoSQL distributed databases, such as Scylla, Cassandra
- Stream processing framework for distributed, always-available data streaming applications like Kafka, Flink
- Data analysis and visualisation using Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Tableau D3.js, etc.
- An understanding of virtualisation and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack, Kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge of working with cloud services like AWS (S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Glue, Lambda etc..)
- Knowledge of data preparation techniques for machine learning
Additionally, you will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Highly inventive
- Passionate about making a difference
- Ability to work independently and in teams; working in collaboration with engineers/ scientists and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills; able to rationalize your approach and influence
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps