We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM’s Image Signal Processor group provides image processing technology for a range of markets and use cases, including surveillance cameras, drones and automobiles. The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of research and experimentation in the field of imaging.
This position works within an exceptional team of software engineers to deliver software implementations of our world leading image and video processing algorithms. The successful candidate will work on an exciting variety of cutting-edge projects, including algorithms and driver development for simultaneous localization and mapping engine (SLAM) and image signal processor (ISP) solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
- Using SLAM, you will be creating algorithms to facilitate a range of use cases including; real-time 3D reconstruction, image quality and stabilization, video processing pipelines covering everything from camera sensor to the final 3D reconstruction
- Conduct innovative computer vision research in recognition and semantic understanding of 3-dimensional real-world scenes.
- Solve computer vision challenges that can be applied on large-scale of applications
- Support the development of large data sets and data pipelines for system training and evaluation.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various SLAM solutions
- Develop control algorithms, internally and with development partners
- Develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software
- Identifying and solving software quality issues by debugging different modules of the image processing algorithms
- Work with image quality experts to determine requirements for processing
- Daily usage of software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- Strong computer science foundations, with focus on vision
- Solid understanding of multiple view geometry
- Cross platform C++ development experience
- Development skills (C/C++, GPU programming, OpenCV, Matlab, Python)
- Understanding of image processing algorithms
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience of Linux/Android driver development
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Can thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Experience working with 3D Data (eg. 3D games programming, quaternions, transformations)
- Experience in Robotics, SLAM, AI, or Computer Vision a plus.
- Proficiency in linear algebra, probability, statistics
- Understanding of distributed and parallel computing.
- Experience with 3D rendering, GPU optimization, or rendering engines
- Experience with graphics hardware architecture
- Experience with 3D reconstruction algorithms
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. Master’s preferred.
- Strong background in advanced geometric computer vision
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are hiring for multiple positions
Opening date: 10th May 2019
Closing date: 7th June 2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps