We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Arm designs scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things. Arm has established operations in and sells into multiple locations around the world. Arm is a complex and dynamic IP business, presenting daily challenges to its in-house legal team.
We are looking for an experienced and highly talented paralegal to support Arm’s Company Secretary activity in the USA as well as the rest of the world. The role will also involve supporting Arm’s corporate M&A and Integration activity as part of the in-house legal team. You will be based in the Arm San Jose office and will work closely with other members of the global legal function, liaise with external service providers, interact with Execs and their assistants, and manage key stakeholder relationships.
This is an exciting time to join Arm as its business continues to grow and evolve, with an opportunity to develop professionally and gain experience in a fast-paced but supportive legal team.
What will I be accountable for?
• Assist on an ongoing basis with Arm’s global company secretary and corporate governance activity, liaising with our offices internationally to ensure ongoing corporate compliance across all group companies.
• Assist with internal reporting and compliance matters.
• Assist with board and committee matters.
• Supporting M&A transactions and post-acquisition integration activity across a range of acquired businesses into Arm.
• Communicate clearly and work effectively together with Arm Legal teams across the globe as well as internal stakeholders, including Finance, Tax, Commercial Fulfilment and Investor Relations.
• Manage external legal counsel, including dealing with instructions, billing and fees.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
• A highly capable paralegal with relevant experience, in particular US company secretary matters and experience of coordinating company secretarial and legal entity matters globally (e.g. filing of statutory accounts, director and officer changes). Familiarity with SOX would be helpful.
• Experience assisting with M&A and/or integration activities.
• Excellent communication and project management skills.
• Experience of interacting with Execs and their assistants.
• Excellent organisation and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Common sense, practical approach and a willingness to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
• Team Player adept at supporting other team members.
• Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and understand business processes and priorities.
• Written and spoken fluency in English.
• In-house experience at a global corporation or private practice – both acceptable.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps