We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm Research is growing to tackle the world’s leading technological challenges. Arm is looking for a highly motivated and innovative agile business analyst to join the Research Operations team to drive more effective engagements which cover collaborations with standards organizations, governments, research agencies, industry partners, industry associations, and Universities around the world. You will be the key enabler to drive effective management discussions enabled by customized project and engagement tracking reports.
Supporting the orchestration and coordination of a wide range of engagements, this role will be key to ensuring progress toward the Research collaborations team objectives, namely, to accelerate Arm’s strategic research agenda and establishing Arm technologies as the preferred choice for those conducting academic research. Working closely on a day to day basis with senior research liaison staff across the globe, this role has the opportunity to influence research projects and future product development across technical subjects such as Machine Learning, Silicon Technology, Robotics, Emerging Technologies, Software, Security / Biometrics, High Performance Computing, and Internet of Things
Arm Research’s open culture ensures you’ll be exposed to the many technical and operational areas in which Research is active.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will work closely with our technical leads, you will run portfolio of Arm Research projects including planning, tracking, and reporting key information using an agile, light-touch approach
- You will execute the process workflow for new external collaborations projects
- You will develop automated reporting systems based on Jira, Confluence and other systems
- You will deliver a variety of reports - automated, customized and ad-hoc
- Presentation of reports/KPI metrics
- Project coordination with Researchers, Project Managers, Engineers, and Management
- New Jira project development and/or maintenance of existing Jira projects
- You will compose Letters of Support for external ecosystem partners
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- This is a contract role for approximately 6 months in duration.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management role in the software or semiconductor industry coordinating projects with internal partners and academic, industry, and/or government partners
- Experience developing new projects and workflows in Jira
- Experience authoring reports using Excel, Powerpoint, Jira and Confluence reporting tools
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Provide regular reporting and updates tracking progress of engagements, opportunities and execution
- Skillful with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented, goal driven, and organized. Lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Effective handling multi-site technical projects, communications, and presentations
- You are hardworking, ambitious, flexible, and have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- You are an active listener, inquisitive and passionate about technology
- A tenacious, resilient and positive personality with high levels of energy and enthusiasm. You're self-organized and can work at pace often in an environment of ambiguity. You act expertly and remain objective and fair when faced with negativity or challenge.
- No relocation is provided
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Experience working with Project Managers
- Business process workflow development using Jira/Confluence
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps