We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products from mobile, home and enterprise solutions to embedded and emerging applications. Project management is central to delivering this technology within each of Arm’s business groups.
The Project Management Office sits across the Arm business to ensure successful delivery of projects. We are responsible for evolving a strong governance framework, a robust project delivery process, training and development to evolve our people, the tools to enable successful projects and the data and reporting to understand delivery status and to support decision-making.
You will ensure that the Arm Project Management Office (PMO) tool suite enables effective and efficient project delivery across all Arm project types and that there is an appropriate support capability in place.
You will lead a team of Product Owners and a Service Delivery Manager and liaise with our internal IT function, and external suppliers.
What will you be accountable for?
- Customer Engagement: Engaging enthusiastically with internal customers to; create awareness of the PMO tools offerings; understand and validate customer needs; sensitively introduce change; seek to delight our customers.
- Supplier Engagement: Driving highest levels of service delivery and instigating service improvements through professionally managed relationships with our key suppliers.
- Vision & Strategy: Develop a vision for how PMO Tools are to meet the needs of the business over the next 3-5years and a strategy/roadmap for delivering the vision.
- Support & Guidance: Provide a capability to support the day-to-day use of all PMO tools (including newly acquired businesses) ensuring they use project tools in a way that facilitates project success.
- Assurance: Support assessment of adherence to Arm PMO standards, working closely with internal governance to identify potential issues and provide support to overcome them.
- Thought Leadership: Invest time in researching topics that could be of future interest to PMO tools delivery. Using a variety of internal and external knowledge pools to introduce new ways of working. Socialising ‘white papers’ that encapsulate research findings and engage the PMO community around a better future.
- Team Management: Operational management including, setting delivery objectives, management of work pipeline, allocation of work, resource management and monitoring and reporting on delivery progress. Team career management, setting development objectives, providing stretching work opportunities, considering succession planning and supporting your team through the annual review process. Representing PMO Tools as part of the PMO Management Team and providing an escalation path to the Director, Arm PMO.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Relationship Management: You will have established and cultivated relationships with customer groups, having delivered value with them and experience of overcoming delivery challenges;
- Strategic Thinking: You have developed a technology vision with a customer group and then executed upon a strategy to fulfil that vision;
- Service Support: You have established support models, responded to support issues and managed service improvements.
- Project/Program Management: You have as a work-stream lead or a project/program manager. This will help you to establish credibility with the Arm project community and provide the capability to drive our work;
- People Management: You have line managed teams and worked in a matrix management environment;
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe): You have experience of agile and preferably in SAFe as both PMO and Enterprise IT deliver their work under this framework.
- Business Analysis: You have some experience gathering requirements, mapping processes or documented current state within a business context;
- Project Management Office (PMO): Ideally you have worked in a PMO and understand the support it offers and the experience to enable you to have immediate impact;
- Change Management: You have supported the implementation of business change within organisations where you may have used tools like ADKAR to help embed change to deliver benefit realisation;
- Technical Knowledge: Experience of having worked with some of the following technologies; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Project Online; Microsoft SharePoint Online; Atlassian Jira and Confluence; MicroFocus Dimensions RM; Data Warehouses
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is important for everyone, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps