We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the team
The Systems group at Arm develops high performance System IP and combines these with the Arm CPU’s to create fit-for-purpose compute sub-systems to address various applications and market segments.
Within Arm’s Systems group, the System Level Verification team is located at the Design Centre in Bangalore, India. This team is responsible for pre-silicon stress verification of under-development Arm CPUs and System IP at the system level - on hardware acceleration platforms like Emulators and FPGA, using bare metal and RIS (Random Instruction Sequence) based verification methodologies.
About the role
As a Verification Engineer in the System Level Verification team, you will have the opportunity to work on pre-silicon verification of a range of the latest Arm IP like CPUs & Interconnects, and system peripherals like memory controllers, system MMUs & interrupt controllers, which are at the top end of technology. In this role, you can demonstrate and develop specialized system level skills, and acquire comprehensive knowledge of both hardware and software – which can be applied to IP verification tasks. Also, the role requires a keen understanding of design architecture (CPU & system/SoC), as well as micro-architecture.
The role also enables you to work on emulators – which have matured over the years as a reliable verification platform. Emulators help accelerate the verification environment far beyond software simulator speed – at the same time supporting full waveform dump of the design to help faster debug.
If you are a self-driven professional looking to work in a collaborative, growing, and dynamic environment, and like problem solving (love to debug) and love working with multi-site teams then this is the role for you!
What will I be accountable for?
- Taking ownership of the functional verification of Arm IP – like processors, interconnect and other peripherals at a system level – by creating stimulus that target verification corner-cases.
- Responsible for debugging complex hardware & software failures and narrow it down to software or hardware issues using emulator or FPGA platform. This requires detailed understanding of System and Arm processor architecture knowledge.
- Proactively learning latest Arm technology and keeping up-to-date with the progress on the new technologies.
- Seeking support from peers and cross-site teams, and collaborate to make successful deliveries
Qualifications & Experience
- Good University Degree in ECE or Computer Science. Other Science graduates would be considered if they have relevant work experience
- 1-7 years of experience in pre-silicon verification of CPUs or CPU-based systems/SoCs
- Track record of project execution and delivery, individually and/or in a team
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
Essential Technical Skills
- Good understanding of CPU or SoC architecture
- Deep understanding of digital design concepts and Verilog/VHDL coding
- Experience in working with IPs at system/SoC level and SoC verification
- Good understanding of random verification methodologies
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/Assembly
- Familiar with verification processes such as Test Plan development, Testcase development and Coverage
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of Industry standard verification tools for simulation and debug
Desirable Technical Skills
- Some hands-on experience on HW acceleration platforms like Emulation and FPGA
- Use of scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell
- Knowledge of advance verification techniques like Assertions, property checking, formal
- Experience in testbench design and development for IP or SoC
- Experience of Arm based System Design and/or Verification
- Familiarity of Unix / Linux working environment
- CPU Architecture verification and a desire to grow further in this area
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps