We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
You will join a world class team responsible for defining and delivering future advanced technology for Arm. As a Process Integration Engineer at ARM, you will partner with internal teams, technology development partners, foundries and equipment suppliers to integrate novel materials and devices into process technologies. You will transfer the integrated novel memory device to high-volume manufacturing (HVM). Your fundamental understanding of technology and integration, coupled with your inherently collaborative style and leadership skills, will enable your success on this team. This role is part of the Physical Design Group based in San Jose (CA), and the position will include travel.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be responsible for integrating a novel memory device into a CMOS technology, bringing a new technology to the ARM ecosystem, and delivering process and technology innovations from development to high-volume manufacturing (HVM). You will work collaboratively to develop this new technology with development partners, tool vendors, and internal teams. You will play a pivotal role in our engagement with our foundry partners as technologies are transferred and inserted into the Foundry. As the key Foundry interface, your responsibilities will include understanding the Foundry technology and landscape, creating unit process and module objective specifications, driving test site content, qualifying the technology, improving yield, and reducing cycle time.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Electrical, Chemical of Materials Engineering, or other related science or technology area (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, etc.)
- Significant, proven, hands-on industry experience with in depth knowledge of 28nm and below CMOS technologies, especially BEOL integration.
- Advanced BEOL memory technology development experience: materials, physical & electrical characterization, integration & debug
- Proven track record of successful technology development, optimization & transfer to manufacturing, including experience improving manufacturability and device performance while maintaining reliability and ramping yield.
- Experience working with technology partners and foundries to develop new technologies, devices and integration schemes.
- Working knowledge of the interdependence of materials, unit process steps, modules and integrated wafer flows.
- Experience monitoring process stability through ongoing review of product ramp, yield and quality performance metrics,
- Testsite content creation and correlation of electrical performance to layout.
- Experience communicating technology progress and tracking actions through meetings, presentations, and reports to management and customers.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage program contributors and stakeholders, from engineers to executives.
- Knowledge of unit process modules tools for film deposition, etch, lithography, CMP and encapsulation.
- Experience creating unit process and module objective specifications.
- New product introduction,
- Device physics knowledge, and
- Experience managing projects to meet aggressive schedules
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps