We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As an Implementation Methodology Engineer with Arm you will be a part of the Physical Design Group team that builds creative implementation techniques that result in the best power efficiency, highest performance and lowest cost for Arm processor cores. Part of your responsibility will be benchmarking Arm core implementations, suggesting new implementation techniques, and working with EDA software providers and foundries. Using your skills and experience; you will develop improved synthesis, place, and route flows, and analyze and document the results. You will also support internal and external partners to replicate the results. This role will give you the opportunity to explore the latest process technologies and develop ways to demonstrate those technologies’ strengths and mitigate their weaknesses.
Our early engagement with processor architects, EDA software providers and semiconductor manufacturers gives you a rare ability to demonstrate the best implementations of new processors in the latest process technologies. Arm’s Physical Design Group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep sub-micron circuit design, implementation and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a great opportunity for a physical digital design professional to work in our advanced products team with the world’s most successful physical design team, the newest process technologies, and the designers of the latest Arm processor cores to pioneer the implementation of power efficient products for the future.
- In this role, you will develop and support custom integration flows that are used by internal teams as well as external customers;
- You work with multiple EDA vendors to enable Arm features and technology dependencies;
- You perform technology to bring up to enable our customers.
- You define and perform multiple design benchmarking.
- Take the technical lead on different roles as the technology platform develops.
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing creative scripts, checkers, flows and other automation to simplify the design process.
- Knowledge of industry standard software for synthesis, place and route, and timing analysis and their associated programming languages and algorithms to develop new/improved implementation techniques.
- The ability to analyze and interpret implementation results and identify issues with the physical IP, process technology and/or EDA tool.
- Passion for learning about Arm core and graphical micro-architecture and how that relates to power, performance, area and yield
- Understanding a wide variety of industry-standard modeling formats including Liberty, Verilog, LEF, Milkyway, SPICE, and CDL
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps