We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for quality? Would you like to apply your expertise to performance tool development in the mobile, VR and AR industry? We are building a new product for Arm's Mobile Studio that provides actionable performance advice for Android developers based on data captured from the Streamline and Graphics Analyzer tools we have today. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated QA Engineer to join the team.
As the product grows through its Beta program, you will be responsible for its quality. You will work with the rest of the engineering team to fully develop a Jenkins based continuous integration system, ensuring that the product is testable and that the resulting tests are maintainable, reliable and precise.
Day to day, you will be driving:
- You will drive the overall test approach, tooling and test methodologies.
- You will promote quality and testing across the team.
- You will own QA activities including the development and maintenance of continuous integration/delivery, testing tools and test environments.
- You shall collaborate on planning and estimating new tasks together with the team.
- You are comfortable using Linux Command Line (e.g. Bash) for day-to-day work.
- You should have experience of Java development and JUnit testing.
- You use version control, such as Git.
- You will have experience of creating Continuous Integration Pipelines, using Jenkins, go.cd or similar tools.
- You use Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. The role involves collaborating with development teams in Arm to deliver improvements to continuous integration. Excellent problem solving abilities are required.
- A good level of proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java or Go and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing. Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- You will have a good understanding of how to balance the automation of functional tests alongside the CI/CD flows.
The following additional key skills and behaviours are desirable for the role, but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira.
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as GoCD, Jenkins or Robot.
- Experience with testing web-based UIs using tools such as Selenium.
- Experience with testing Java-based UIs using tools such as Squish.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team.
- Flexible and open to new challenges.
A university degree or equivalent on the job experience and knowledge.
About the Development Solutions Group (DSG)
The aim of DSG is to help our customers craft innovative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps