We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and we are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for senior and experienced Computer Vision gurus to jump start the development on a new range of low power, real-time computer vision solutions for applications such as Augment Reality and Autonomous Vehicles. This is a new area of growth for Arm - why not join us now and embrace the opportunity to shape what we do?
What will I be accountable for?
You will work closely with Arm's marketing teams across several lines of business to understand the requirements of these exciting applications. You will provide invaluable advice on prioritising features and guiding product definition towards something valuable and implementable.
As part of the role, you will define and drive investigations into new algorithms and approaches, often drawing upon the help of a small but talented team of researchers. You will need to keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends in the field and apply that knowledge by suggesting improvements to our products, guiding the business towards new opportunities for further growth and helping define our technology strategy.
Once requirements are agreed, you will take responsibility for designing the overall architecture of our products, using your expert judgement to partition functionality appropriately across bespoke new hardware IP, existing hardware IP and embedded software. You will then continue to advise as engineering projects develop and ultimately deliver these new products to customers.
Fundamentally, this role is about translating complex, often contradictory and ambitious customer requirements into concrete hardware and software designs a team of engineers can go and build. You will be separating needs from wants, understand where simplicity is good enough and where complexity is warranted.
- Significant experience (5+ years) implementing one or more of: Optical flow, SLAM, Visual Odometry, Image registration, motion compensation, stereo camera depth estimation or similar.
- A deep understanding of how modern camera systems work and the challenges of real-time processing
- Very good communication and influencing skills is a huge plus as you'll be working in a multi-discipline team across multiple functions
- Experience planning and coordinating significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusions
- Have a can-do attitude, be flexible and ready to accept new challenges.
- Partitioning applications across heterogeneous systems, including CPU, DSP and other hardware acceleration.
Desirable skills & experience
- Familiarity with Augmented Reality and/or autonomous vehicles
- Understanding of Deep Neural Networks and how they are applied to Computer Vision tasks
- Knowledge of ASIC & hardware development methodologies.
- Embedded software development
- Strong skills working in C/C++ & Python.
- Knowledge of MatLab based modelling of imaging and vision algorithms
- Familiarity with OpenCV
We are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Location: Manchester #LI-SH1
Opening date: 10th July 2019
Closing date: 7th August 2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps