We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Our chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible. For the past 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation in collaboration with our partners and customers bringing ground-breaking technology to market. Arm-based chips are integrated into millions of devices annually. Our vision is of increased purpose and meaning and we are growing to meet our vision of a secure, integrated and hyper-connected world.
We are seeking a hardworking Marketing Data Analyst to join our team. If you’re the right person for this role, you know that analysis is just one step in a long journey. In the first stage, you’ll need to be fastidious in governing our data collection practices so that we have rich, meaningful, consistent prospect and customer data to work with. At the second stage, you know that analysis isn’t just about fishing out interesting insights; it’s about identifying which of many findings are the ones to focus on in order to drive more efficient processes, prioritize spending, and inevitably to enhance marketing’s contribution to sales pipeline.
Next stage? Set goals, track how your insights are translated into action, and report on how well we did. Last stage? Well … there is no last stage. You keep iterating and refining, always enthusiastically adapting to changing business landscapes and evolving goals. What does it all add up to? It’s no exaggeration that this is a unique opportunity to significantly contribute to the bottom line of one of the world’s largest and most successful technology leaders.
Be prepared to bring and discuss your case studies – examples of insights you derived from deep data analysis, how you presented your findings and translated them into actions, and the results achieved.
What will I be accountable for?
- Drive a methodology for consistent data capture, cleansing and enrichment across our multiple CRM and automation platforms
- You will work with other data analysts in sales and IT, develop a data dictionary that drives agreement across these functions about the format, meaning and metadata characteristics of key data points
- Forge agreement on the key lead-to-win KPIs for marketing programs and translate these into strategic campaign and spending plans that deliver on targets for sales pipeline contribution
- Create marketing KPI reports and dashboards and train and empower marketing and sales leaders to use them for basic business insight and “what if” explorations
- Analyze the effectiveness of our lead scoring algorithms and, working with marketing and sales managers, refine our scoring methodology and thresholds to ensure the right volume of the best leads are being delivered to our global sales teams
- Work with our global marketing managers to devise meaningful A/B and personalization tests, iterate and refine, and capture the conclusions to help build a Center of Excellence for marketing best practices
- Cast an inquiring gaze across our entire data landscape to spot additional insights that can optimize marketing’s contribution to the business
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline. MBA or Advanced degree in statistics is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B high-tech marketing, with at least 4 years of focused experience as a marketing data analyst
- Experience managing a customer data platform such as TreasureData or similar solutions
- Experience with Salesforce reporting
- Experience with visualization tools such as Chartio, Looker, or Tableau (and of course: Excel)
- Must be articulate, persuasive and comfortable evangelizing insights and making concrete recommendations to peer and executive audiences in marketing and sales
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps