We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from IoT, wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are shaping the future of a better world.
The technology team in Sophia will work on all aspects of physical design and tape-outs in the area of security vulnerability protections. The analog engineering team will be responsible for delivering solutions against Arm IP and hardware platform roadmaps which includes circuit design and sign-off, integration and verification, analog layout and physical sign-off, post-silicon characterization and debug.
As a Senior Analog Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of new circuit layouts in the area of hardware security. You will need to interact closely with design engineering and on occasion with digital P&R team.
The technology area will range from the mature nodes (40nm) down to the most aggressive Finfet nodes and will be on bulk as well as FDSOI processes.
The Senior Analog Layout engineer will be in charge of floorplan definitions, leading to optimized layouts, as per the Arm security IP hardware roadmap. You will also define new validation steps and process, as well as evaluating new tools needed as we go down towards smaller process nodes (DRC/LVS/DFM/EM/IR).
The job will be based in Sophia. However, you would be expected to work closely with remote teams in US, UK, India and other Arm locations when it needs. You need to provide clear communication with other team members, including other analog layout engineers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have minimum 5-years technical experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- You have meaningful qualification in full custom layout design
- You are familiar with the specific constraints of full custom analog blocks layout (matching…)
- You are comfortable with Cadence Virtuoso, Virtuoso-XL for layout as well as physical circuit verification/extraction tools (Calibre, StarRC ...)
- You have acquired a good understanding of technology trade-offs in deep sub-micron technologies
- You love working in a collaborative environment
- You appreciate thematic linked to methodology and productivity improvement
- Should be able to provide area estimates for analog blocks
- Understanding of extraction methodologies and limitations
- Proficient in English with good communication skills, oral and written
Desirable Skills & Experience
- You like programming (cadence skill or PERL/Tcl/C-shell)
- Diagnostic skills for tools and resultant reports
- You have some experience in the basic FE views generation (Abstracts, LEF, .libs)
- Some basic knowledge of P&R tools would be a plus (Innovus, ICC)
- Self-motivated, looking to accept new challenges
- Passionate self-starter and a great teammate
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and pragmatic with regards to problem-solving
- Willing to iteratively improve circuits and repeatedly attempt to develop solutions to hard problems
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps