We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm seeks a Product Owner with a passion for process improvement. The Fast Models group make models of Arm hardware early, allowing software to be available sooner. Would you like to help us develop a range dynamic projects in a more efficient way?
We are a growing, evolving team of 25 developers, delivering models of new Arm architectures and IP as they are conceived. Each model has its set of stakeholders, with diverse needs and working practices. You will help us create the best models we can, enabling Arm and its ecosystem to build high quality hardware and software, earlier.
Although Fast Models is a commercial product, most of your relationships will be with other groups in Arm. Thanks to our world-class continuous integration systems, we make multiple lightweight commercial releases per month and deliver validated models to other teams daily.
You will work with our users to understand their needs in detail and ensure that the teams are working on the most valuable tasks each sprint - and that they understand what is needed. You will collaborate with engineers with a deep understanding of modelling, who are some of the first to understand emerging Arm architectures.
Part of your job will be to mine data to track progress, ensure levels of service and predict problems. You will be responsible for expressing that data to your peers and leaders when agreeing on wider strategy.
Skills and experience that are required in order to be an excellent Product Owner in Fast Models
- You have worked for a few years as a Product Owner, or in a role with similar responsibilities
- You will have worked on Scrum - or similar - teams
- You have an interest in discovering new developments in software development management and a real passion for implementing the best ideas
- You have a collaborative attitude to negotiation
- You are capable of interpreting and describing technical software requirements, turning complexity into clarity
- You are able to enthuse and guide a team
- You have experience co-ordinating multiple interests
- You can display complex data in an easy-to-understand way, with minimal effort
Optional skills and knowledge that would allow you to progress faster
Maybe you have:
- an understanding of C++, functional modelling or Arm hardware
- experience with Jira, Tableau or SAP Business Objects
- interest in cutting edge technology
- Agile qualifications, such as Certified Product Owner
- knowledge frameworks our of wider Agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS), Kanban or Waterfall (to better understand our customers)
- a successful history of mentoring for Agile roles
How to apply
Along with your résumé, please provide a few sentences describing why this is the right job for you. If your résumé does not mention all of the 'required' skills above, make sure your statement explains why we should consider your application.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note we are hiring for multiple engineers at this location.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps