We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for Graphics Performance Analysis? Would you like to apply your expertise to performance tool development in the mobile, VR and AR industry? Arm's Mobile Studio is looking for a Graphics Performance Tools Architect to guide the development of existing tools (Graphics Analyzer/MGD, Mali Offline Compiler) and new products.
As the architect for these products, you shall be working with the existing teams to to guide their roadmaps and technical implementations. You will also be embarking upon a new project: a tool to give detailed actionable performance advice to graphics developers based on API level traces and modelling of GPU behaviour.
There will be an opportunity to grow and/or direct the team as the products develop.
- You should be motivated, an independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- You shall be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to architect solutions in collaboration with the development teams.
- A strong background in Graphics APIs (OpenGL ES or Vulkan, for example).
- You will have a good understanding and practical experience of C/C++ programming.
- Familiarity with compiler technology.
- You are comfortable using Linux Command Line (e.g. Bash) for day-to-day work.
- You use version control, such as Git.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- You will have strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail.
- You should have a deep understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You will have experience with scripting, in a language such as Python, and using the Linux command line.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing. Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
The following additional key skills and behaviours are desirable for the role, but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira.
- Experience with the LLVM compiler code base.
- Use of graphics performance analysis and debugging tools, such as Renderdoc and Mali Graphics Debugger / Graphics Analyzer.
- Experience with development in Java.
- Android application or games development.
- User Interface Design and Implementation.
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as GoCD, Jenkins or Robot.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team.
- Flexible and open to new challenges.
A university degree or equivalent on the job experience and knowledge.
DSG is to help our customers craft creative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps