We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Image Signal Processor (ISP) group provides image processing technology for a range of markets and use cases, including surveillance cameras, drones and automobiles.
The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of research and experimentation in the field of imaging. Our World class Research team, responsible for the innovation that drives our business, is looking for an exceptional individual, a brilliant problem solver, a mathematician, a programmer, who can develop an idea from an abstract concept to the foundations of our next product.
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing new image processing algorithms, often from early concept phase and typically in a mathematical modelling environment.
- Developing real-time computer vision solutions suitable for productization.
- Implementing, testing and benchmarking new algorithms, working closely with our image quality experts.
- Collaborating with the wider engineering team to arrive at a micro-architecture and fixed-point model of your algorithm, optimized for hardware or software implementation.
What experiences will have equipped me for the role?
This role demands a balance of creativity with a pragmatic and hands-on approach. You will need to be able to demonstrate having taken a new algorithm or image processing design from a conceptual “research” phase through to a product-ready design. Our products demand constant improvement and innovation in a fast moving market. With this in mind you will be someone who is prepared to promote your ideas and drive them to completion within aggressive timescales.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- Ability to develop (not merely implement) complex image processing algorithms.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience with, and an interest in, either image processing or image/video encoding.
- Experience researching or implementing one or more of: SLAM, visual odometry, depth estimation from stereo, optical flow or similar.
- Strong software development experience in C or C++.
- Ability to quantify and make trade-offs between performance, area and power to meet product requirements.
- Ability to evaluate system level memory bandwidth requirements.
- Experience using Matlab.
- Scripting (Python/Bash/etc) experience.
- Research experience (either in academia or industry).
- Knowledge of CMOS sensors or experience working with raw image data.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps