We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role:
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Systems team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading products. You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technology leader where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner and customer engagements. The role is likely to have a particular focus on interconnect and automated integration technologies.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop systems architecture for the latest technologies for products in new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modelling and analysis of hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyze system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system software).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- BSEE or BSCS required
- MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred
- Minimum 10 years of SoC design and network on a chip
- Deep experience and background in Computer Science and Systems architecture
- Extensive experience in SoC design, and the challenges involved in integrating IP and analyzing system-level performance and behavior
- Ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product
- Knowledge of interconnect and network-on-chip technology principles
- Strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively in a global team environment, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary: We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps