We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
As part of Central Technology Team, you will be architecting the next wave of handheld and clamshell form factor devices, innovating beyond the current limitations. In this technical leadership role, you will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Systems team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading products. You can expect to be a technology leader where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the system architecture design of next-generation smartphones, tablets, clamshells and other multimedia rich devices. The ideal candidate is an expert in architecting Android and/or iOS based mobile products with a successful track record of delivery. Your job responsibilities will be diverse and will include developing an in-depth understanding of the advanced state-of-the-art use cases and applications for future devices, partitioning of functionality between hardware and software, evaluating system-level power, performance, area and cost trade-offs, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations. You will also be engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner and customer engagements.
Together with our highly experienced system and SoC architects you will:
- Design and develop best-in-class HW and SW solutions for mobile devices utilizing the latest technologies for new and existing markets.
- Perform application and platform level performance modelling and analysis of software applications and hardware features.
- Work on the next generation of market-leading innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence, security, high performance CPU and GPU computing, multimedia use cases, and power and cost optimizations.
- Collaborate with product line managers in a fast paced environment to bring new features to market.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and analysis.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BSEE or BSCS required. MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred.
- A deep experience and background in Computer Science
- Extensive experience in SoC design and/or software architecture design
- Experience in hardware and software codesign, including software API design, hardware/software interfaces, and the impact that software has on hardware and vice versa
- Knowledge of mobile device use cases spanning gaming, media, web browsing, AR, VR, voice recognition and/or other relevant mobile use cases
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively in a global team environment, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Location: Cambridge
- Salary: Competitive
- Opening date: 12/08/2019
- Closing date: 09/09/2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps