We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Arm Project Management Office are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence professional who can help to shape our reporting portfolio, providing information and insights about the delivery of the next generation of Arm technology.
You will lead the development of dashboards, metrics and reports that provide status updates, identify risks, visualise roadmaps, track compliance and uncover trends. You will liaise with users from across Arm’s global business, helping them to have a more comprehensive and valuable view of their delivery activities.
What will I be accountable for?
You will guide the ongoing development and maintenance of the Project Management Office’s reports. You will advise on the use of our BI tools – MS Power BI, Tableau and SAP Business Objects – to best meet stakeholder requirements and to maximise the value of information that we provide.
You will build a variety of project-related reports and dashboards, which will include:
- Collating, guiding and structuring requirements;
- Planning your work and setting customer expectations;
- Preparing the data, from one or many data repositories;
- Developing a proof of concept and validating to ensure requirements are satisfied;
- Deploying and scheduling the developed solution;
- Documenting the delivered work;
- Delivering further point releases, as required.
You will work with others in the team to troubleshoot issues, peer review deliverables and ensure successful sprint delivery.
You will work closely with our data engineers to help to maintain and continuously improve our project data, ensuring it is accessible, useful and of a high level of quality.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will have a real passion for business intelligence and how it can positively contribute to the business environment, as well as demonstrating the following capabilities:
- Customer engagement skills: You listen, question and guide in equal measure; You plan, document, play back and manage customer expectations, building trustworthy and credible relationships.
- Data preparation skills: You are expert at writing SQL queries; You are confident investigating data issues, identifying data quality and blending data from various sources.
- Report development skills: You have a demonstrable ability to use data visualisation tools to make data impactful; You have an advanced knowledge of more than one of Tableau, Power BI and SAP Business Objects.
- Development lifecycle skills: You know how to work within structured development and test processes and understand how to apply change control and configuration management; You are experienced in working to an Agile approach.
- Data analysis skills: You collect, cleanse and organise data to investigate business questions; You have identified measures and correlations in data and can present your findings to drive valuable outcomes.
- Project management knowledge: An understanding of project delivery lifecycles, or previous experience of working in a project management office or similar delivery environment would be desirable.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps