We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is a leading global technology company. The business is experiencing rapid growth as it executes an investment strategy to shape the connected world. Arm generated revenues of $1.8bn in the year to March 2018 and has around 7,500 staff operating across the world.
Arm’s growing scale and complexity of operations requires a global, digital and premier Category Management to meet the needs of our changing business.
This is a great opportunity to join Arm and support the transformation of the end to end ways of working within the Source-to-Pay (S2P)/Procure-To-Pay (P2P) areas which are supported by the rollout of SAP/Ariba to the UK and US. The Procure-To-Receipt (P2R) specialist will work with the Finance, Accounts Payable (AP), Procurement, and overall P2P teams to successfully deliver the relevant work tasks. You will need to come with the experiences of operating in the P2P/P2R space including SAP/Ariba technologies and workflows.
Key purpose of the role:
The role holder is responsible for transactional purchasing and support, to ensure a premier procurement service, implementation and maintenance of the P2R process. Youre a ‘problem solver’ who loves to be part of a team and have strong customer facing and service skills and experience. It is an operational specialist role within the Procurement organisation.
The main tasks are as following:
- Provide 1st line support to the business (Business Divisions and Functions), advising on approved and preferred suppliers and contracts and for Purchase Requisitions (PR)
- Lead and monitor PR, PO (Purchase Order) and GR (Goods Receipt) flows in the systems, actively resolving issues in line with identified SLAs (Service Level Agreements). Act with a sense of urgency and attention on results.
- Provide assistance to the AP team with the issues resolutions. Ensure collaboration and working as one team. Relationships on the “partnership” level
- Support the change of the behaviours within the organisations, to ensure compliance to the policy, including No PO – No Buy and contracts compliance is realised.
- Take ownership for all type P2P related support activities, enabling ARM people and organisations to work more efficiently and focus on their core business.
Other Tasks and development opportunities you will have:
- Build and maintain a high level understanding of procurement processes, from Category Management and Sourcing to Supply chain/ordering channels per Category, ensuring effective execution
- Excel with your specialist knowledge of procurement technologies, SAP/Ariba as well as your Excel and Power Point skills
- Manage internal controls and authorizations as required
- Drive continuous improvements of daily operations and issues
- Participate in S2P/P2P projects and related initiatives, contributing to process and tools improvement
- Develop and run product and services catalogues
- Train end-users in SAP/Ariba
- Develop your skills in/provide support with SAP reporting
- Report on agreed Scorecard/SLA/KPI
What you are responsible for?
Procurement technology knowledge: SAP, ERP, Ariba
- You will become an expert with your grasp of procurement applications/tools with key focus on SAP & Ariba
Excel, Power Point, SAP
- Delivers SAP and unit activity reporting and though it - visibility and value to the wider business and procurement organisation.
PR and Purchase Order (PO) processing, administration and support
- You will be responsible to lead on purchase requests from the business requestors including, but not limited to free text PR/PO orders.
Registers PR/PO on the system
- Successfully operates and resolves issues related to the Procure-To-Receipt flow
- Work close with Accounts Payable to resolve various issues to enable on-time payment to suppliers
- Systematically carries out root cause analysis of issues to feed into improvement in execution
Approval Process, Roles & Authorisations
- Handles requests for Roles & Authority with the agreed lead time
- Controls the process and that roles/authorities are given correctly, to protect ARM against risks
- Use effective communication with cross-functional and cross-border teams and partners. Apply straightforward and structured reasoning to gain trust from others, to support “No PO-No Buy” compliance.
- Aware of own impact on others and adapts behavior or style of interaction accordingly. Demonstrates ability to improve “customer satisfaction” though the best possible support provided to Procurement & Finance peers, as well end-users of SAP/Ariba.
Relationships and Engagement
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with all partners and collaboration teams to assure successful performance.
- Develops a joint agenda with AP to ensure ongoing performance is monitored and improved, issues are resolved, and improvements are proposed to the process owners
Cross team collaboration
- Communicates clearly to internal customers the policy and direction, empowering people to follow rules and regulations
- Recognizes performance gaps in oneself and teams and contribute to a plan to address this.
- Understands and is responsive to the issues and dynamics involved in the P2P related process and business changes.
- Explores and develops ideas, using a range of sources / processes to stimulate own thinking.
Procurement and P2P processes knowledge
- Continuously develop your advanced knowledge in and execute Arm’s transactional sourcing process and Procure-To-Order part of the Procure-To-Pay (P2P).
- Advise the business appropriately and seeks input and guidance where necessary.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps