We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking to join a diverse team where you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo, and where your ideas will make a difference? This is an amazing opportunity to influence mobile GPU products and technology that millions of people will use around the globe years ahead of the product release.
The tools and software you build will be used by both internal and external users across software and hardware teams for performance analysis, product integration, and hardware functional and performance validation for key benchmarks and content.
We seek highly skilled and motivated engineers to join an Agile software development team within our GPU division. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help craft the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in GPU: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
What are you involved in?
You will work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across our global design centres to develop the instrumentation and visualisation tools needed for application and GPU driver performance analysis. Your challenge is to accelerate the creation of high performance, flexible, and extendable visualisation tools used to analyse a system executing billions of operations per second across both hardware and software.
You are responsible for the web-technology based visualisation tools, a post-process instrumentation framework, and the link between the two.
Responsibilities on a day to day level:
- Participating in the design, implementation and testing of new features.
- Working closely with the many internal GPU teams to add instrumentation features and tailored visualisations to help solve specific problems.
- Designing and implementing an extendable visualisation system to allow others to rapidly test out new ideas.
- Writing efficient code for the instrumentation post-processing analysis framework as well as maintaining the existing codebase and reviewing your colleagues' code.
- Writing and maintaining documentation.
You might find yourself adding instrumentation for the latest graphics APIs or creating new libraries which consume raw instrumentation data and present easy to use APIs for use by your colleagues or Arm's partners. You will build new tooling that supports software teams to be able to flexibly visualize their work and optimise existing tools to cope with ever larger amounts of data.
What skills & Experience do you need?
- Good knowledge of the Python language and experience of implementing object oriented code in Python.
- Excellent problem solving & solution design experience. You've worked on requirements analysis, design, implementation, and debugging.
- Ability to express complex ideas to people of all technical abilities. Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- Knowledge of GLES and Vulkan APIs.
- An understanding of the GPU graphics pipeline.
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps